- Residents frustrated at lack of nuke dump details Updated: Mar-07-14 12:43 am
- AP Newsbreak: Washington nuke waste tanks flawed? Updated: Mar-01-14 10:56 am
- Gov. Patrick to attend governors' meeting in DC Updated: Feb-22-14 11:13 am
- RI Gov. Chafee heads to DC for governors' meeting Updated: Feb-22-14 9:35 am
- Wyden seeks probe in whistle-blower firing Updated: Feb-20-14 6:13 pm
- AP sources: DOE to OK $6.5B for Georgia nuke plant Updated: Feb-18-14 8:53 pm
- Ohio's senators want to discuss plant's future Updated: Feb-09-14 2:56 pm
CARLSBAD, New Mexico - Residents and local officials voiced frustration Thursday with the amount of information being released by the U.S. Department of Energy about a radiation leak last month at the nation's only underground nuclear waste dump.
SPOKANE, Washington - While one of the newer double-walled nuclear waste storage tanks at a Washington state complex has leaked, six others have "significant construction flaws" that could lead to additional leaks, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press.
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick is heading to Washington to participate in a two-day National Governors Association winter meeting.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee is heading to Washington D.C. for a gathering of the nation's governors.
SPOKANE, Washington - U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., wants an investigation into the treatment of whistle-blowers at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation, after two were fired in the past five months after raising safety concerns about the construction of a $13 billion plant to treat the site's most dangerous radioactive wastes.
WASHINGTON - The Energy Department is poised to approve $6.5 billion in federal loan guarantees for the first nuclear power plant built from scratch in this country in more than three decades.
PIKETON, Ohio - Ohio's senators want to meet with the U.S. energy secretary to promote a uranium enrichment project in southern Ohio.