- Prosecutor in Eric Garner chokehold case elected to Congress Updated: May-06-15 9:00 am
NEW YORK - A U.S. House seat in deeply Democratic New York City will remain under Republican control.
- Special election in New York City for Grimm, Assembly seats Updated: May-04-15 4:13 pm
NEW YORK - Voters in Staten Island and certain sections of Brooklyn are getting another chance to make their political preferences known as a special election is held Tuesday to fill a vacancy in the state Assembly and another in Congress after a Republican's tax evasion conviction.
- Chokehold case questions follow NY congressional candidate Updated: Apr-25-15 12:47 pm
NEW YORK - Even if Dan Donovan prefers to talk about Iran, immigration or taxes, there's another topic the Republican congressional hopeful can't avoid: the death of Eric Garner at the hands of a police officer.
- Lynch to be sworn in as attorney general on Monday Updated: Apr-24-15 1:39 pm
WASHINGTON - As attorney general Loretta Lynch assumes a portfolio that includes fighting terrorism, preventing cyberattacks and dealing with police and race - issues strikingly similar to what she's dealt with as top federal prosecutor for much of New York City and its eastern suburbs.
- Police chokehold death raised during congressional debate Updated: Apr-14-15 10:56 pm
NEW YORK - Congressional candidate Dan Donovan defended his role in the grand jury investigation into the police chokehold death of unarmed black man Eric Garner that resulted in no charges during a televised debate on Tuesday.