- Sepp Blatter's term as IOC member ends Updated: Aug-03-15 2:11 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Outgoing FIFA president Sepp Blatter's 16-year term as an International Olympic Committee member ended Monday when he did not seek re-election.
- Platini kicks off political fight for future of FIFA Updated: Jul-30-15 12:24 pm
GENEVA - Michel Platini hopes he made a decisive move early in the seven-month campaign to become FIFA president.
- Asia football chief praises Platini as potential FIFA boss Updated: Jul-30-15 2:53 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Michel Platini's chances of becoming the new president of FIFA received a boost Thursday when the Asian Football Confederation chief praised him as "a unique candidate" and urged his member nations to unite behind a single candidate.
- Sepp Blatter deserves the Nobel Prize, Vladimir Putin says Updated: Jul-28-15 7:46 am
MOSCOW - Vladimir Putin and Sepp Blatter just can't stop praising each other.
- Romanov palace imperial setting for imperious FIFA Updated: Jul-26-15 11:27 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Sepp the Great came to an old Romanov chateau for what he promises will be his final World Cup draw as FIFA president.
- Russia getting on with World Cup job as FIFA fights scandal Updated: Jul-26-15 7:30 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - As he shared the stage with FIFA's departing president Sepp Blatter, Russian President Vladimir Putin's message was simple. FIFA may be in chaos, but Russia is getting on with the job.
- The Latest: Conte says facing Spain 'very stimulating' Updated: Jul-25-15 5:51 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - The latest on Saturday's 2018 World Cup qualifying draw (times are local):
- FIFA, Blatter get back to World Cup business at Putin home Updated: Jul-25-15 5:16 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - FIFA and Sepp Blatter put their corruption crisis aside and got back to World Cup business at the 2018 tournament qualifying draw hosted by Vladimir Putin at a Russian state residence on Saturday.
- World Cup at center of Gazprom's sponsorship empire Updated: Jul-25-15 8:11 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - As FIFA descends on St. Petersburg for the World Cup preliminary draw Saturday, it is entering the capital of a sponsorship empire.
- CONMEBOL leader Napout hopes to play scandal-hit Centenario Updated: Jul-24-15 1:36 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - CONMEBOL member countries still want to play the 2016 Copa America Centenario in the United States despite an ongoing bribery investigation, their president Juan Angel Napout said Friday.
- FIFA says corruption crisis hinders search for new sponsors Updated: Jul-24-15 8:13 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - The FIFA corruption crisis is hurting its search for new World Cup sponsors.
- Chung to announce candidacy for FIFA presidency next month Updated: Jul-23-15 11:15 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Former FIFA Vice President Chung Mong-joon plans to officially announce his candidacy for president of soccer's world governing body during a visit to Europe next month.
- Possible FIFA rivals Platini, Prince Ali meet for talks Updated: Jul-22-15 5:34 pm
GENEVA - Potential FIFA presidential election rivals Michel Platini and Prince Ali bin al-Hussein met for the first time on Wednesday since Sepp Blatter announced his exit.
- Blatter heads to Russia for first foreign trip since crisis Updated: Jul-22-15 2:17 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - FIFA President Sepp Blatter is due in Russia on Thursday for his first overseas trip since the arrests of fellow soccer executives in May left him unwilling to leave the safety of Switzerland.
- Putin to attend World Cup draw in St. Petersburg Updated: Jul-21-15 2:03 pm
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin's spokesman says he will attend the World Cup 2018 preliminary draw on Saturday and will meet with FIFA President Sepp Blatter.
- FIFA vote to be held Feb 26; Blatter defies calls to go now Updated: Jul-20-15 5:08 pm
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter had a good day at the office on Monday, even if a prankster tried to spoil it by showering the FIFA president with fake dollar bills at a news conference.
- Blatter news conference at FIFA delayed by British comedian Updated: Jul-20-15 11:20 am
ZURICH - A British comedian disrupted a news conference by Sepp Blatter on Monday, showering the FIFA president with fake money.
- Blatter insists he is leaving FIFA, will not be candidate Updated: Jul-20-15 10:25 am
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter says he definitely will not be a candidate in the next FIFA presidential election on Feb. 26.
- Former FIFA rival Prince Ali: Blatter must leave now Updated: Jul-20-15 2:54 am
ZURICH - Prince Ali bin al-Hussein wants Sepp Blatter to leave now as FIFA president, and let a leader from outside the sport oversee the next election and reforms of soccer's scandal-scarred governing body.
- Blatter, Platini meet at Sunday session of FIFA leaders Updated: Jul-19-15 1:45 pm
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter hosted Michel Platini and football's other continental presidents on Sunday, in their first formal meeting since the FIFA president announced he would leave office amid a corruption crisis.
- FIFA ethics panel wants to lift strict secrecy rules Updated: Jul-16-15 12:06 pm
GENEVA - FIFA's ethics committee wants to lift secrecy rules that protect accused officials from being identified and keep case details private.
- US soccer chief felt 'discomfort' during soccer proceedings Updated: Jul-15-15 8:08 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. Soccer Federation chief executive Dan Flynn said Wednesday he had no direct knowledge of bribery or kickbacks exchanged by FIFA officials but experienced moments of "discomfort" during meetings.
- FIFA urged to let public figures lead change after scandals Updated: Jul-15-15 7:18 pm
GENEVA - FIFA should let "eminent public figures" lead truly independent reform of the scandal-hit governing body, according to Transparency International.
- Lifting the lid on one of FIFA's big secrets: Executive pay Updated: Jul-10-15 7:14 am
PARIS - As FIFA slid toward what has now become a full-blown collapse of its reputation and credibility, one of Sepp Blatter's advisers suggested to the president of football's governing body that he should lift the lid on one of his most tightly guarded secrets.
- Adidas chief: Platini the best choice to succeed Blatter Updated: Jul-10-15 5:15 am
BERLIN - The chief executive of Adidas, a major FIFA sponsor, believes UEFA President Michel Platini would be the best choice of successor to Sepp Blatter at the head of world football's governing body.