- Hundreds of thousands celebrate Carnival in Cologne Updated: Feb-08-16 1:07 pm
COLOGNE, Germany - Hundreds of thousands of people packed the streets of Cologne for its annual Rose Monday parade, the culmination of five days of Carnival festivities that took place amid heightened security following robberies and sexual assaults in the city on New Year's Eve.
- Interview: Infantino consults Platini during FIFA campaign Updated: Feb-01-16 6:58 pm
LONDON - Although banished from power in world football, Michel Platini remains a guiding voice for Gianni Infantino as the FIFA presidential campaign enters the final stretch.
- Sexwale to meet South African federation over FIFA campaign Updated: Feb-01-16 8:16 am
FIFA presidential candidate Tokyo Sexwale will meet with senior South African Football Association officials on Tuesday for an "update" amid reports that the millionaire businessman's home federation is frustrated over his lackluster campaign.
- English Football Association chairman leaving over reforms Updated: Jan-28-16 12:07 pm
LONDON - The English Football Association chairman, who set the national team a target of winning the World Cup by 2022, is leaving in July.
- Whistleblower helps Swiss prosecutors in FIFA, Blatter case Updated: Jan-28-16 8:00 am
BERN, Switzerland - A whistleblower has given potentially key evidence to Swiss prosecutors in their investigation of FIFA and suspended president Sepp Blatter.
- Central America backs Infantino's bid to become FIFA head Updated: Jan-25-16 5:35 pm
PANAMA CITY - Seven soccer federations from Central America are declaring their support for UEFA General Secretary Gianni Infantino's bid to become FIFA president.
- UEFA won't replace Platini while he's trying to overturn ban Updated: Jan-22-16 10:35 am
GENEVA - UEFA will not replace Michel Platini as president while he is pursuing legal routes to overturn his eight-year FIFA ban.
- Jerome Valcke dismissed as FIFA secretary general Updated: Jan-13-16 3:40 pm
LONDON - FIFA has fired Jerome Valcke for the second time, cutting ties with the secretary general four months after he was suspended while under investigation for wrongdoing at the scandal-scarred governing body.
- Carli Lloyd stands beside Lionel Messi as world's best Updated: Jan-12-16 11:05 am
ZURICH - Standing beside Lionel Messi on stage, Carli Lloyd found her place at the top of world soccer.
- FIFA prosecutors to appeal for tougher Blatter, Platini bans Updated: Jan-12-16 7:13 am
ZURICH - Already banished from soccer for eight years, former FIFA leaders Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini are again facing the threat of life bans.