- Kosovo elected as UEFA member in 28-24 vote Updated: May-03-16 9:07 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Kosovo was given UEFA membership Tuesday, and could now be fast-tracked into FIFA and the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Sports court orders FIFA to admit Gibraltar as member Updated: May-02-16 11:34 am
GENEVA - FIFA has been ordered by sport's highest court to accept Gibraltar as a member, opening the national team's path to play in the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Platini to find out by May 9 if CAS appeal is successful Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Michel Platini will discover by May 9 if he has overturned a six-year ban from FIFA over a $2 million payment approved by Sepp Blatter.
- FIFA president says Leicester proves fairytales are possible Updated: Apr-28-16 9:30 am
BANGKOK - FIFA President Gianni Infantino visited the headquarters of Leicester's ownership company on Thursday and said the club's Premier League title run shows that fairytales are still possible.
- Platini's CAS appeal to take place in Blatter's presence Updated: Apr-26-16 12:21 pm
- Blatter claims role in trying to remove African president Updated: Apr-21-16 12:47 pm
ZURICH - Reveling in his international diplomacy role, former FIFA president Sepp Blatter has revealed he was asked by Switzerland's foreign ministry last year to help persuade an African president to leave office.
- Italy's antitrust agency issues big fines for TV rights fix Updated: Apr-20-16 2:06 pm
ROME - Italy's antitrust authority handed out 66 million euros ($75 million) in fines to the Italian league and its rights holders Wednesday for fixing the sale of TV packages for Serie A.
- Associated Press, Guardian among top Headliner Award winners Updated: Apr-13-16 2:02 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Associated Press, The Guardian US, Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting and Pittsburgh's WTAE-TV have won top honors as "best of show" winners in the 82nd National Headliner Awards.
- FIFA ethics judge Damiani resigns while under suspicion Updated: Apr-06-16 3:11 pm
GENEVA - Under suspicion in the fallout from the global offshore accounts investigation, Uruguayan lawyer Juan Pedro Damiani resigned as a FIFA ethics judge on Wednesday.
- Swiss police raid UEFA over TV deal with indicted executives Updated: Apr-06-16 2:51 pm
GENEVA - UEFA was raided by Swiss police on Wednesday and handed over evidence of a Champions League television rights contract with an offshore marketing agency implicated in the FIFA bribery scandal.