- Beyer endorsed by Richardson, Dean Updated: Apr-13-14 12:14 pm
- Rep. Moran loses bid to boost lawmakers' pay Updated: Apr-09-14 2:42 pm
- Oprah comes to Va. to boost Chatman campaign Updated: Apr-05-14 5:06 am
- Lawmakers again move to freeze their paychecks Updated: Apr-03-14 4:49 pm
- Groups push for more humane slaughter of chickens Updated: Mar-29-14 11:30 am
- Democrats see openings in congressional departures Updated: Mar-21-14 2:10 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - Former Virginia lieutenant governor Don Beyer is picking up support from prominent national Democrats as he seeks a House seat in northern Virginia.
WASHINGTON - A retiring congressman has lost his quixotic bid to give members of Congress $25 a day to help with their living expenses in Washington.
ARLINGTON, Virginia - A northern Virginia congressional candidate is hoping to stand out among a sea of contenders with some help from her friend Oprah Winfrey.
WASHINGTON - With the approval ratings of Congress still in the gutter, House leaders are engineering another freeze in lawmakers' automatic cost-of-living pay hike.
WASHINGTON - Two animal welfare groups and dozens of lawmakers are urging the Obama administration to improve humane treatment of poultry at slaughterhouses, citing statistics that show hundreds of thousands of chickens being accidentally dropped alive into scalding tanks every year.
MCLEAN, Virginia - Democrats know they perform poorly in midterm elections. Just ask President Barack Obama.