- The Latest: Obama visits site of Paris concert attack Updated: Nov-29-15 7:16 pm
PARIS - The latest from the much-anticipated U.N. climate conference that gets underway in Paris on Monday. All times local:
- Strikes on IS city, focus of international campaign, kill 8 Updated: Nov-27-15 11:30 am
BEIRUT - A new wave of airstrikes targeting the Syrian city of Raqqa, the headquarters of the extremist Islamic State group and the focus of an international military campaign, killed at least eight people, including five children, Syrian opposition groups said Friday.
- The Latest: Russia supports closing of Turkish=Syria border Updated: Nov-27-15 10:20 am
ANKARA, Turkey - The latest developments regarding the war in Syria. All times local.
- Kerry says ceasefire in Syria potentially weeks away Updated: Nov-18-15 12:28 am
PARIS - A ceasefire between Syria's government and opposition could be just weeks away from reality, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Tuesday as he visited Paris to show solidarity with France after last week's attacks.
- Diplomats set plan for political change in Syria Updated: Nov-15-15 12:39 am
VIENNA - Invoking the need for joint action after the attacks in Paris, foreign ministers of nearly 20 nations agreed Saturday to an ambitious yet incomplete plan for bringing peace to Syria and ending its role as a breeding ground for ISIS and other radical Islamic groups.
- Germany moves to tighten rules for intelligence agency Updated: Nov-13-15 6:14 am
BERLIN - Germany's governing coalition is moving to impose tighter rules on the country's foreign intelligence agency amid allegations that it spied on France's foreign minister among other targets in friendly nations.
- Report: Germany spied on FBI, US companies, French minister Updated: Nov-11-15 11:08 am
BERLIN - German public radio station rbb-Inforadio reported Wednesday that the country's foreign intelligence agency spied on the FBI and U.S. arms companies, adding to a growing list of targets among friendly nations the agency allegedly eavesdropped on.
- France says progress made toward UN climate agreement Updated: Nov-10-15 11:05 am
PARIS - A step forward has been made toward reaching a climate change deal at a U.N. conference in Paris next month, the French government said Tuesday, following a three-day ministerial meeting to prepare the talks.
- Putin to join more than 100 leaders at Paris climate talks Updated: Nov-08-15 11:41 am
LE BOURGET, France - More than 100 world leaders will attend the upcoming U.N. climate conference in Paris, including Russian President Vladimir Putin, France's foreign minister said Sunday during a three-day ministerial meeting in the capital to prepare the negotiations.