- Nigerians celebrate as Muhammadu Buhari takes over Updated: May-29-15 6:41 am
ABUJA, Nigeria - Nigerians celebrated their newly reinforced democracy Friday, dancing and singing songs and praises at the inauguration of Muhammadu Buhari, the first candidate to beat a sitting president at the polls.
- Defiant soccer chief resists calls to resign amid scandal Updated: May-28-15 3:43 pm
ZURICH - As defiant as ever, Sepp Blatter resisted calls to resign as FIFA president Thursday and deflected blame for the massive bribery and corruption scandal engulfing soccer's world governing body.
- France calls for tougher global mobilization against IS Updated: May-27-15 11:22 am
PARIS - French Foreign Affairs Minister Laurent Fabius called on the international community to strengthen its mobilization against the Islamic State group ahead of an international meeting on Iraq organized next week.
- Europe marks 70 years since Nazi defeat, end of epochal war Updated: May-08-15 6:35 pm
PARIS - With quiet moments of memory or military pomp, leaders and ordinary citizens across Europe are marking 70 years since the Nazi defeat and the end of a war that ravaged the continent. But the East-West alliance that vanquished Hitler is deeply divided today.
- France vows to defend Arab allies, strengthen business ties Updated: May-05-15 2:41 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - French President Francois Hollande vowed to defend Gulf Arab allies as he announced Tuesday that his country is in talks with Saudi Arabia for business deals worth tens of billions of euros (dollars).