- Anna Fenninger win World Cup giant slalom Updated: Mar-06-14 12:33 pm
- Fenninger wins Olympic super-G; Hoefl-Riesch 2nd Updated: Feb-15-14 7:43 am
- 2 golds: Maze, Gisin tie in Sochi Olympic downhill Updated: Feb-12-14 10:58 am
- Last women's downhill training canceled in Sochi Updated: Feb-10-14 10:54 pm
- Hosp captures silver in Olympic super-combined Updated: Feb-10-14 12:22 pm
- Hoefl-Riesch wins super-combined; 3rd Olympic gold Updated: Feb-10-14 11:33 am
ARE, Sweden - Olympic silver medalist Anna Fenninger won a World Cup giant slalom race Thursday, and closed the gap on overall leader Maria Hoefl-Riesch.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - The super-G was running so extreme that seven of the opening eight racers slid, tumbled, careened and glided off the course, unable to finish.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Slovenia's Tina Maze and Switzerland's Dominique Gisin took different paths on an Olympic downhill filled with flats and turns, jumps and bumps, across slender trees' shadows, along snow that was icy at the top, soft at the bottom.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Organizers canceled the last training session for the women's downhill at the Sochi Olympics due to mild temperatures and soft snow conditions.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Standing between Olympic silver medalist Nicole Hosp and an embrace with her father was a plastic fence about waist high.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - In Alpine skiing, there are speed specialists and there are technical specialists, and then there's Maria Hoefl-Riesch.