- Longtime Saints recall the team's role in Katrina recovery Updated: Aug-27-15 6:03 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Coming off a career-threatening injury, Drew Brees had little choice but to sign with a downtrodden franchise in a disaster zone. Sean Payton became coach of the Saints only after being passed over for the job he really wanted in Green Bay.
- Patriots look for improvement in 3rd preseason game Updated: Aug-26-15 5:08 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Bill Belichick is looking for some major improvement from the New England Patriots as they head to Carolina for Friday night's third preseason game.
- Saints' Cooks dominates early, Patriots rally for 26-24 win Updated: Aug-23-15 12:54 am
NEW ORLEANS - Saints receiver Brandin Cooks looks ready to fulfill the promise he showed as a rookie last season before smashing his hand on a helmet.
- Saints receivers, Patriots defensive backs tested each other Updated: Aug-21-15 1:26 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler appreciated the chance to spend a couple days being tested at practice by record-setting quarterback Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints' offense, even if there were moments when last season's Super Bowl hero got the worst of his matchup.
- Patriots, Saints express mutual admiration at joint practice Updated: Aug-19-15 7:12 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - The kinship between Bill Belichick and Sean Payton is apparent in the way they compliment each other, as well as the subjects they'd rather not discuss.
- Saints' Payton eager to see more of Murphy in return game Updated: Aug-16-15 4:48 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Marcus Murphy, who was the last of the Saints' nine 2015 draft picks, is showing the potential to emerge as one of their top kick and punt returners in his rookie season.
- Chargers announce 4-year extension for Philip Rivers Updated: Aug-16-15 12:42 am
SAN DIEGO - Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers have agreed to a four-year contract extension.
- Flacco sharp, Brees absent as Ravens beat Saints 30-27 Updated: Aug-13-15 11:56 pm
- Revamped Saints secondary showing potential to improve Updated: Aug-11-15 5:48 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SRPINGS, West Virginia - Saints cornerback Keenan Lewis launched himself horizontally across the front of receiver Nick Toon, nearly intercepting Drew Brees' pass at the goal line before the ball fell incomplete.
- New Saints center Unger seeing change in an optimistic light Updated: Aug-10-15 5:46 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Saints center Max Unger was never going to be happy about being traded away from Super Bowl-contending Seattle, where he'd made good friends and become an established leader during his first six NFL seasons.
- Saints scrimmage indicates Watson, Colston still productive Updated: Aug-07-15 4:44 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Tight end Ben Watson and receiver Marques Colston looked more like enduring playmakers running downhill than aging veterans in decline.
- NFL experimenting further with sideline tablets Updated: Aug-07-15 9:53 am
NEW YORK - Coaches, players and game officials will be allowed to examine video on the sideline during preseason games. There's strong thought they will be able to do so in the regular season by 2016.
- Saints' Cooks primed to build on injury-shortened 2014 Updated: Aug-06-15 6:30 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Brandin Cooks might have been New Orleans' leading receiver as a rookie last season if not for an injury that sidelined him for the final six games.
- Saints' Ingram angling for expanded role in passing game Updated: Aug-05-15 4:14 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - As Saints quarterback Drew Brees rolled away from pressure, Mark Ingram raced out of the backfield and toward the left sideline, where he nimbly made a tough, twisting catch on a throw over his back shoulder.
- Graham fitting in just fine early in Seahawks camp Updated: Aug-03-15 6:34 pm
RENTON, Washington - Jimmy Graham reached over the top of the shorter safety, hauled in the touchdown pass from Russell Wilson and immediately turned and spiked the football.