- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Updated: Apr-27-16 6:58 pm
A day after Stan Van Gundy's first game as president of basketball operations for the Detroit Pistons last season, he was asked to give an assessment of the coach in the 89-79 loss to the Denver Nuggets.
- Thibodeau's role w/Wolves: 'It's about alignment, not power' Updated: Apr-26-16 9:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Tom Thibodeau came to Minnesota for the impressive young core of talent assembled.
- Golden State's Steve Kerr wins Coach of the Year Updated: Apr-26-16 7:35 pm
OAKLAND, California - As Steve Kerr tried to cope with the headaches, nausea, pain and other concerning symptoms, there were times he wondered whether he would even come back to coach the Golden State Warriors this season, whether he even should return to the bench if not 100 percent healthy.
- Spurs rout Grizzlies 116-95, sweep their way to semifinals Updated: Apr-24-16 5:14 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The San Antonio Spurs have swept their way into the Western Conference semifinals after an almost perfunctory, yet very physical test from the most injury-depleted team ever in the NBA playoffs.
- Kawhi Leonard repeats as NBA Defensive Player of the Year Updated: Apr-18-16 3:05 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Kawhi Leonard tends to shrug off all the accolades for his defensive prowess. He will almost always credit his teammates and coach for any praise he receives.
- Leonard leads Spurs to 32-point victory over Grizzlies Updated: Apr-18-16 12:21 am
SAN ANTONIO - Kawhi Leonard and the San Antonio Spurs turned a tense game into a lopsided laugher.
- Leonard scores 26, helps Spurs beat Thunder in OT, 102-98 Updated: Apr-13-16 12:21 am
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs got an unexpected battle in their final home game of the season Tuesday night.
- Around the NBA: Picks for NBA awards - and league champion Updated: Apr-11-16 2:24 am
Combing over the NBA awards this season finds more no-brainers than nail-biters.
- Spurs sitting Duncan as Warriors attempt to make history Updated: Apr-10-16 7:57 pm
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio star Tim Duncan was held out for the Spurs' game against Golden State on Sunday night.
- Tim Duncan, depleted Spurs fall to Nuggets 102-98 Updated: Apr-09-16 12:57 am
DENVER - Tim Duncan had to go to work while the rest of his starting cast took the night off.
- Spurs rest every starter except Tim Duncan against Nuggets Updated: Apr-08-16 8:08 pm
DENVER - San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich is resting every starter except Tim Duncan against the Denver Nuggets on Friday night.
- Warriors become 2nd NBA team to win 70, beat Spurs 112-101 Updated: Apr-08-16 7:50 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors reached a milestone that only Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls have achieved in the history of the NBA.
- Leonard scores 18, Spurs beat Jazz for Duncan's 1,000th win Updated: Apr-06-16 12:45 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The Spurs won again during their best regular season ever, just as Tim Duncan has done 1,000 times in his career.
- New Vols defensive coordinator Shoop appreciates history Updated: Apr-04-16 1:44 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - New Tennessee defensive coordinator Bob Shoop considers himself a student of the game and has spent the last few months learning as much as he can about the Volunteers' football history.
- Aldridge, Leonard lead Spurs to franchise record 64th win Updated: Apr-03-16 1:21 am
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs got exactly what they were hoping for against the Toronto Raptors - a scare.
- Warriors embrace chase of wins record more than playoff rest Updated: Mar-31-16 4:42 pm
OAKLAND, California - If anyone still doubted whether the Golden State Warriors were truly going to push for a record 73 wins instead of saving energy for the playoffs, that thought should now be put to rest for good.
- Spurs beat Pelicans, set NBA record with 38-0 start at home Updated: Mar-31-16 12:53 am
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs set the NBA record with their 38th straight home victory to open the season and matched the highest win total in franchise history.