- Kershaw, Dodgers facing different Mets in playoffs Updated: Oct-08-15 10:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - Clayton Kershaw isn't sure what to expect from the new-look Mets, whose dramatic transformation in the second half of the season led to an NL East title.
- Mets gear up to face 'those 2 animals' at Dodger Stadium Updated: Oct-07-15 6:43 pm
NEW YORK - Michael Cuddyer and the New York Mets are well aware of the challenge ahead.
- Mets slugger Cespedes hit in hand by pitch, fingers bruised Updated: Sep-30-15 10:18 pm
PHILADELPHIA - New York Mets slugger Yoenis Cespedes was bruised on two fingers of his left hand after being hit by a pitch Wednesday night against the Phillies.
- Road streak ends as Mets fall to Phillies 4-3 Updated: Sep-29-15 10:48 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Put an asterisk next to this road loss for the New York Mets because it looked more like a home game with so many fans wearing blue-and-orange screaming "Let's Go Mets!"
- Sore wrist doesn't stop Braves' Freeman from driving in 5 Updated: Sep-24-15 12:43 am
NEW YORK - Freddie Freeman's right wrist looked just fine.
- Freeman drives in 5 runs off bench, Braves stun Mets 6-3 Updated: Sep-23-15 11:46 pm
NEW YORK - David Wright had nothing to say to his friend Freddie Freeman as the Braves' slugger rounded the bases in the ninth inning.
- Wisler, Braves stall Mets' push toward NL East title, 6-2 Updated: Sep-22-15 11:45 pm
NEW YORK - Matt Wisler wised up in a hurry.
- Yankees no match for Matz in Subway Series opener loss Updated: Sep-19-15 12:31 am
NEW YORK - A Yankees lineup missing Alex Rodriguez, Brian McCann and Jacoby Ellsbury was little match for rookie Steven Matz and the stingy Mets pitching staff.
- Conley has best start of career, Marlins beat Mets 6-0 Updated: Sep-16-15 11:30 pm
NEW YORK - David Wright refused to make excuses for two lethargic losses to Miami. Still, he's looking forward to a brief break before the rival Yankees come to Citi Field for a tantalizing three-game series between teams making a playoff push.
- Koehler plunks Cespedes; Marlins beat deGrom and Mets 9-3 Updated: Sep-16-15 1:07 am
NEW YORK - Tom Koehler insisted he didn't hit Yoenis Cespedes on purpose. What the right-hander definitely was trying to do was beat the New York Mets, which hasn't been easy lately.
- Cespedes is big hit, becomes latest super summer addition Updated: Sep-11-15 2:54 am
NEW YORK - As the New York Mets were packing up last week for their road trip, Yoenis Cespedes leaned into his locker and accidentally smacked his head on something.