- For Obama, a last stab at improving ties with Hill Updated: Mar-08-14 1:05 pm
- Analysis: Tax overhaul bill headed for the shelf Updated: Feb-27-14 3:06 am
- Rail cars used to ship oil called 'unacceptable' Updated: Feb-26-14 7:46 pm
- GOP tax plan lowers rates, repeals popular breaks Updated: Feb-26-14 6:00 pm
- Pre-inspection of US-bound trucks begins in Canada Updated: Feb-24-14 4:03 pm
- House Dems try to force votes on wage, immigration Updated: Feb-16-14 8:56 am
- NY officials: Agreement for $8B Medicaid waiver Updated: Feb-13-14 8:41 pm
- Schumer: Let immigration law take effect in 2017 Updated: Feb-09-14 2:04 pm
WASHINGTON - In late December, President Barack Obama's new legislative affairs team sent him more than a dozen recommendations for ways to improve his strained relations with Capitol Hill. The president responded with a few ideas of his own, including a request for more social events with lawmakers at the White House.
WASHINGTON - Ordinarily, the late-winter introduction of major legislation by the chairman of a powerful committee might signal a major push in Congress for an election-year accomplishment.
WASHINGTON - Rail tank cars being used to ship crude oil from North Dakota's Bakken region are an "unacceptable public risk," and even cars voluntarily upgraded by the industry may not be sufficient, a member of the National Transportation Safety Board said Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - A sweeping House Republican plan to overhaul the nation's tax laws would wipe out a slew of popular tax breaks to help pay for lower overall tax rates, a politically risky move in an election year that drew quick opposition Wednesday.
FORT ERIE, Ontario - U.S. customs officers began inspecting U.S.-bound cargo trucks in Canada Monday under a pilot program intended to relieve congestion at one of the border's busiest commercial crossings.
WASHINGTON - House Democrats are determined to cast an election-year spotlight on Republican opposition to raising the minimum wage and overhauling immigration laws.
ALBANY, New York - New York reached an agreement Thursday with federal officials for a waiver that would allow the state to reinvest $8 billion in Medicaid savings that officials say will be used to support hospitals and improve health care.
WASHINGTON - Sen. Chuck Schumer says he has an easy fix to the GOP's latest doubts about overhauling the nation's immigration laws.