- French power couple reunites - at Cabinet table Updated: Apr-04-14 8:01 am
- France awaits new government as Hollande struggles Updated: Apr-01-14 12:06 pm
- French voters deal blow to gov't, help far right Updated: Mar-30-14 8:28 pm
- France's municipal voting to test government grip Updated: Mar-23-14 6:10 pm
- France's Sarkozy denounces tapping of his phones Updated: Mar-21-14 6:31 am
- French elections: step 1 in new far right march Updated: Mar-21-14 3:47 am
PARIS - Is this a Cabinet meeting, or a family reunion? The new French government's first meeting includes a man and woman who had four children together, split up in the public eye and are now back together in the political spotlight.
PARIS - France's new prime minister, the popular and pugnacious Manuel Valls, took office Tuesday and is diving straight into a huge and thankless challenge: bringing back jobs, investors and hope to Europe's second-biggest economy.
PARIS - French voters dealt a severe blow to the Socialist government in Sunday's municipal elections, but the party saved face by retaining the crown jewel, Paris, which got its first female mayor.
PARIS - France's far-right National Front conquered a symbolic northern town in Sunday's first round of municipal elections and led in some other cities, drawing calls by the governing left and rival right to stop the anti-immigration party's advance.
PARIS - Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy is comparing investigators who tapped his phones during a campaign funding probe to the secret police in the old East Germany.
HENIN-BEAUMONT, France - Marine Le Pen sees political gold in the abandoned coal mines of northern France that once pumped life, jobs and an identity into places like Henin-Beaumont - a bleak town that the far-right leader says is the avant-garde of her anti-immigration party's march to power.