- Kerry says Mideast violence could 'spin out of control' Updated: Nov-25-15 8:24 am
BOSTON - Secretary of State John Kerry says the violence between Israelis and Palestinians could "spin out of control" unless they take immediate steps to ease tensions.
- Kerry in Israel for 1st time since 2014; no bold peace push Updated: Nov-24-15 1:41 am
JERUSALEM - Secretary of State John Kerry made his first trip to Israel in more than a year, arriving on Tuesday in the midst of a new rash of deadly attacks that have dampened hopes for peace mediation between the Jewish state and Palestinians during the Obama administration's final year. The visit includes no such ambitious agenda, the chief U.S. diplomat conceded, and is primarily focused on ending the terror.
- Palestinian leader discusses failed peace effort Updated: Nov-18-15 2:01 pm
JERUSALEM - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has shined new light on the breakdown of a potentially history-altering round of 2008 peace talks, saying that he rejected an offer from Israel's Ehud Olmert - which included placing Jerusalem's Old City under international control - because he was not allowed to study the map.
- Palestinian official: Gaza border deal reached with Egypt Updated: Nov-16-15 2:46 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - A senior Palestinian official on Monday said the Palestinian Authority has reached an agreement with Egypt to reopen the Gaza Strip's main border crossing in an arrangement meant to bypass the territory's Hamas rulers.
- Product-labeling plan by Europe deepens Israel's isolation Updated: Nov-12-15 12:39 am
JERUSALEM - The European Union's decision Wednesday to start labeling Israeli products made in the West Bank delivered a resounding show of international disapproval over Israel's expansion of Jewish settlements and raised the pressure on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to renew peace efforts with the Palestinians.
- Arab, South America leaders stress support for Palestinians Updated: Nov-11-15 1:51 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Arab and South American leaders found common ground in support for the Palestinians during a summit Wednesday aimed at strengthening ties between the two regions.
- Arab, Latin American leaders in Saudi for joint summit Updated: Nov-10-15 4:09 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Heads of state from the Middle East and Latin America arrived in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday for a summit aimed at boosting trade and policy coordination between the two regions.
- Hamas hands over Arafat's Gaza home to his Fatah party Updated: Nov-10-15 3:32 pm
- 369 House members ask Palestinian leader to restore calm Updated: Nov-05-15 12:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Three hundred sixty-nine House members want the Palestinian president to condemn violence in Israel and renew direct peace negotiations.
- AP Interview: Peres says Israel could face an eternal war Updated: Nov-02-15 12:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Over a seven-decade career in politics, Shimon Peres has helped guide Israel through wars and existential threats. But now, with the country embroiled in a new wave of violence, the 92-year-old elder statesman worries that if its leaders do not get serious about pursuing peace with the Palestinians, it will be in an eternal state of war and risk losing its Jewish majority.
- Palestinian lawyer talks about viral photo of tear gas kick Updated: Nov-02-15 11:18 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - One of the most memorable images of the current Israeli-Palestinian confrontations shows a young Palestinian lawyer in dark shades, a suit and formal legal robe as he kicks away an Israeli tear gas canister, his legs flying high above billowing white gas.