- Kerry seeks to soothe Israeli security concerns Updated: Dec-05-13 6:08 pm
- Hamas cancels anniversary rally over economic woes Updated: Dec-01-13 7:54 am
- Kerry heading to Europe, Mideast Updated: Nov-27-13 1:46 pm
- After slipup, Israeli PM to meet pope next week Updated: Nov-24-13 11:12 am
- UN: Israel settlement building hurting peace talks Updated: Nov-19-13 2:17 pm
- Palestinians committed to 9 months of peace talks Updated: Nov-18-13 1:56 pm
- French president vows tough Iran stance in Israel Updated: Nov-17-13 2:46 pm
- A year after Gaza operation, little joy in Israel Updated: Nov-13-13 1:58 pm
- Russian report stirs new confusion in Arafat death Updated: Nov-08-13 2:43 pm
- Kerry warns of violence if peace talks fail Updated: Nov-07-13 11:21 am
- US gives $75 million more in aid to Palestinians Updated: Nov-06-13 6:10 am
JERUSALEM - Looking to soothe irritated relations with Israel, America's top diplomat on Thursday pledged to support the Jewish state's security throughout separate negotiations with Iran and the Palestinians - including Israel's demand that it "defend itself, by itself."
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The Gaza Strip's ruling Hamas movement canceled its upcoming anniversary rally Sunday, saying it was inappropriate to celebrate at a time of deep economic woes in the crowded seaside territory.
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry travels next week to Europe and the Middle East to meet with NATO officials and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Topics for discussion with the Israeli leader include ongoing negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians and a recent agreement to curb Iran's nuclear program. Netanyahu has denounced the agreement with Iran.
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. political chief warned Tuesday that chances of peacefully ending the Israeli-Palestinian conflict may be "irreparably damaged" unless steps are taken to prevent new Israeli settlement building and other "negative developments."
RAMALLAH, West Bank - The Palestinians will stay in peace talks with Israel for the planned nine months despite their fierce opposition to Israel's settlement building, the Palestinian president said Monday.
JERUSALEM - Visiting French President Francois Hollande vowed to maintain his country's tough stance in upcoming nuclear talks with Iran this week, earning praise from his Israeli hosts Sunday as he began a three-day visit to the Jewish state.
JERUSALEM - A year after a bruising Israeli offensive in the Gaza Strip, southern Israel has sprung back to life, and the frequent rocket fire that once plagued the region has nearly stopped. But it's Hamas, not the Israelis who are celebrating.
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Four investigations, hundreds of testimonies and stacks of medical reports on Yasser Arafat's unexplained death in 2004 have failed to produce hard evidence of what killed him - and findings presented Friday only created more confusion.
AMMAN, Jordan - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry issued a stark warning to Israel on Thursday, saying it faces international isolation and a possible explosion of violence if it does not make progress in peace efforts with the Palestinians.
BETHLEHEM, West Bank - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry says the United State will provide an additional $75 million in aid to create Palestinian jobs and help them improve roads, schools and other infrastructure.