- Hungary's leading broadcaster banned from parliament Updated: Nov-20-15 1:44 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary's parliament has banned leading broadcaster RTL Klub for allegedly reporting from areas in the building closed to the press.
- Passport in Paris attacks fuels fears of Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-18-15 5:55 pm
WARSAW, Poland - After the bombs and Kalashnikov fire of the Paris attacks, a mere document - a passport - found near the body of an attacker is generating a new wave of dread throughout Europe and beyond. But whether the document ended up there by chance, or was part of an elaborate plot to sow panic, is not clear.
- The Latest: UN rights chief rejects anti-migrant moves Updated: Nov-16-15 9:58 pm
ATHENS, Greece - The latest news as hundreds of thousands make their way across Europe in search of safety and a better life. All times local.
- Anti-migrant mood deepens in Central Europe after Paris Updated: Nov-16-15 2:13 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Even before the Paris attacks, the mood in Central Europe was decidedly anti-migrant, with fences going up on borders, a Syrian beaten on a Polish street last week and the rhetoric sharp across the region. Now the bloodshed unleashed by Islamic extremists is deepening fears of Muslims and threatening to create an atmosphere even less welcoming for those fleeing war in the Middle East.
- A stunned Europe steps up security following Paris carnage Updated: Nov-15-15 12:27 am
ROME - Soldiers and paramilitary troops toting semi-automatic rifles patrolled outside the Colosseum and inside St. Peter's Square on Saturday, as Italy joined the rest of Europe in beefing up security a day after terrorist attacks killed 127 people in Paris. U.K. officials shut down a terminal of Britain's No. 2 airport for hours after a man was spotted discarding what looked like a firearm.
- Hungary defeats Norway 1-0 in 1st leg of Euro 2016 playoff Updated: Nov-12-15 5:32 pm
OSLO, Norway - Laszlo Kleinheisler scored on his debut to help Hungary to a 1-0 win over Norway in the first leg of their playoff for a spot at next year's European Championship in France.
- Self-inflicted wounds dog EU moves to manage migrant crisis Updated: Nov-02-15 4:36 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union's struggle to staunch the flow of hundreds of thousands of people across its borders represents the continent's biggest refugee emergency in over half a century.