- Minnesota House backs $500M tax-cut bill Updated: Mar-06-14 7:06 pm
- State's property taxes mostly static after refunds Updated: Feb-28-14 6:34 pm
- $1.2B surplus estimate to feed session appetites Updated: Feb-28-14 3:44 pm
- Surplus pleases DFL, but different priorities show Updated: Feb-28-14 1:32 pm
- Lawmakers mull padding reserve with budget surplus Updated: Feb-27-14 5:46 pm
- Plan for $500M tax cuts, repeals zooms in House Updated: Feb-27-14 4:10 pm
- Minimum wage hike advocates rally at Minn. Capitol Updated: Feb-25-14 6:26 pm
- Top Minn. legislators pledge boost in minimum wage Updated: Feb-19-14 10:10 pm
- Minn. Democrats to unveil transit funding plan Updated: Feb-10-14 8:08 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Acting with rare speed, the Minnesota House approved a $500 million package of tax cuts and repeals Thursday in a clear sign of the state's improved fortunes.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota property taxes owed this year are mostly static once refunds and credits are factored in, state officials said Friday, despite their earlier prediction that those taxes would drop considerably.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A bullish budget forecast showing a $1.233 billion surplus added steam Friday to a bipartisan push for tax relief, but also sparked a "bidding war" over how much taxpayers will get back.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Democrats who control Minnesota's House and Senate agree a $1.2 billion surplus is likely to make for an easier legislative session, but there's not agreement yet on how much to spend, save or rebate to taxpayers.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A tantalizing Minnesota budget surplus has stirred talk of tax cuts or funding bumps for prized programs and infrastructure upgrades, but a less-flashy option also has gained some currency: saving some to prepare for the next economic downturn.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A $500 million package containing middle-income tax cuts and the repeal of some business taxes zoomed Thursday through a key committee in the Minnesota House and could reach a floor vote next week.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Several hundred people rallied at Minnesota's Capitol in favor of an increase in the minimum wage.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Democrats who lead the Minnesota Legislature left no doubt Wednesday that a minimum wage increase of some kind will prevail in the upcoming session.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Democratic leaders from the Legislature's transportation committees said Monday that they will unveil a proposal next week for funding improvements to roads, bridges and transit across Minnesota.