- Dayton threatens veto of budget bill over campaign-law part Updated: May-04-15 3:05 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton is threatening to veto a state agency budget bill if Republicans don't agree to remove a part that would ditch candidate spending limits and undo current restrictions on where their donations originate.
- House passes budget that cuts MinnesotaCare Updated: Apr-29-15 2:41 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - House Republicans put a health care program for tens of thousands of low-income Minnesotans on the chopping block as the centerpiece of a budget bill that aims to put up half of the $2 billion in tax relief GOP lawmakers hope to offer.
- House GOP finalizes bid in education funding debate Updated: Apr-25-15 7:40 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - House Republicans have finalized their bid in Minnesota's education funding debate, setting up a clash with Democrats calling for the state to invest a bigger chunk of its projected fiscal windfall in children and schools.
- House GOP shuts down DFL education spending proposal Updated: Apr-23-15 1:35 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota House Republicans have shut down a DFL bid to spend far more on schools over the next two years.
- Minnesota House passes GOP funding plan for road fixes Updated: Apr-22-15 12:02 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota House staked out a position Tuesday in a debate over long-term transportation funding with a 10-year, $7 billion plan that avoids a gas-tax increase.
- Income tax credits, business tax cuts dot House GOP plan Updated: Apr-20-15 5:05 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota House Republicans offered a slate of proposed income tax credits and business breaks Monday in their push to provide $2 billion in overall relief, including a new personal exemption for every filer that would expire after two years.
- Beneath budget dispute, a tussle over regulatory power Updated: Apr-19-15 11:29 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - In their unfolding budget plan, Minnesota legislative Republicans are moving to strip powers from Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton, ranging from limiting his team's authority to write regulatory rules to curbs on the administration's staffing.
- House GOP wrestles with cost, politics in picking 2016 home Updated: Apr-17-15 5:36 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Add this to the list of issues House legislators need to iron out: where to meet next year as long-running renovations consume the Capitol.