- Winter meetings start with Hall of Fame vote Updated: Dec-08-13 9:33 pm
- Yankees make it official with Ellsbury and Kuroda Updated: Dec-07-13 5:56 pm
- Cano, Beltran, Granderson, Feldman find new homes Updated: Dec-07-13 1:57 am
- Cano leaves, but Yanks get Beltran and keep Kuroda Updated: Dec-07-13 12:12 am
- AP source: Granderson, Mets reach $60M, 4-yr deal Updated: Dec-06-13 4:58 pm
- Clark 1st ex-big leaguer to run MLB players' union Updated: Dec-03-13 8:26 pm
- Granderson, Melancon take part in MLB world camps Updated: Nov-14-13 11:30 pm
- Free Agents Predictions Updated: Nov-09-13 1:20 pm
- Jeter deal leaves Yanks about $80M before tax Updated: Nov-05-13 7:27 pm
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Florida - The baseball winter meetings are starting with a look back.
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees made it official Saturday, announcing the completion of a seven-year deal with free-agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury and a one-year contract for returning starter Hiroki Kuroda.
The Seattle Mariners shook up baseball's free-agent market, reaching a rich deal with Robinson Cano on a day when Carlos Beltran, Curtis Granderson and other familiar names found new homes.
NEW YORK - Lost one, got one, kept one.
NEW YORK - Curtis Granderson is heading across town, where the New York Mets hope his home run swing won't suffer at Citi Field.
SAN DIEGO - Tony Clark said he's "blown away" that he is the first former major leaguer to become head of the baseball players' union.
NEW YORK - Predictions by AP baseball writers on the contracts 10 high-profile free agents will receive:
NEW YORK - Derek Jeter's new contract has increased the Yankees' luxury tax payroll to $97.71 million for seven signed players next year. That leaves New York with about $80 million to spend on the rest of its roster if the team wants to get under the 2014 tax threshold.