- FANTASY GRIND: Managing game-time Bush conundrums Updated: Dec-11-13 3:41 am
- Lions slipping with 3 losses in 4-game stretch Updated: Dec-09-13 5:34 pm
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games Updated: Dec-08-13 6:36 pm
- Lions struggle to hold onto ball in loss to Eagles Updated: Dec-08-13 6:11 pm
- McCoy runs for 217, Eagles beat Lions Updated: Dec-08-13 5:23 pm
- Lions RB Bush suffers calf injury against Eagles Updated: Dec-08-13 1:26 pm
- Lions CB Slay listed as doubtful to play Eagles Updated: Dec-06-13 5:19 pm
- Up-tempo Eagles next test for Suh, Lions Updated: Dec-04-13 6:43 pm
- Lions dominant in 40-10 rout of Packers Updated: Nov-29-13 3:06 am
- Packers' slide continues in 40-10 rout by Lions Updated: Nov-28-13 5:59 pm
- Lions score 37 straight in 40-10 rout over Packers Updated: Nov-28-13 5:50 pm
- Lions looking for boost from Burleson Updated: Nov-26-13 6:01 pm
- Lions can't dwell on bad loss to Bucs Updated: Nov-25-13 6:16 pm
- 5 things to know after Bucs edge Lions 24-21 Updated: Nov-25-13 3:38 am
- Bucs beat Lions 24-21 for 3rd straight victory Updated: Nov-24-13 6:03 pm
- Steelers LB Worilds finally settling in Updated: Nov-21-13 5:34 pm
- Bucs' Revis eyes matchup against Lions' Johnson Updated: Nov-21-13 4:23 pm
- Stafford tries to shake off loss to Steelers Updated: Nov-19-13 6:20 pm
- Lions collapse late, fall to Steelers 37-27 Updated: Nov-17-13 7:14 pm
- Steelers CB Taylor welcomes shot at Calvin Johnson Updated: Nov-14-13 7:13 pm
- Lions beat Bears 21-19 in key NFC North matchup Updated: Nov-11-13 4:00 am
- Lions hold on for 21-19 victory over Bears Updated: Nov-10-13 9:29 pm
The fantasy playoffs are a perfect time for a storm of fantasy agony. And a rough - really rough - Week 14 set up a slew of difficult circumstances in a week many leagues head into their semifinals.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions slipped and slid plenty in the snow at Philadelphia. Maybe it was fitting.
The NFL often promotes football as a bad weather sport. It got its share early Sunday in Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington and Pittsburgh.
PHILADELPHIA - Jeremy Ross plowed his way through the snow, even with cleats that felt more appropriate for date night than a touchdown dance.
PHILADELPHIA - Once LeSean McCoy put his head down and ran straight ahead instead of juking and jiving, no one could stop him.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Detroit coach Jim Schwartz offered one obvious antidote to Philadelphia's fast-paced offense, which his Lions will try to contain this weekend.
DETROIT - For almost a decade, Thanksgiving seemed to bring out the worst in Detroit's struggling football franchise.
DETROIT - Josh Sitton had to concede that this was a pretty one-sided loss.
DETROIT - Matthew Stafford and Reggie Bush did their part to keep the Aaron Rodgers-less Green Bay Packers in the game.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Nate Burleson caught a touchdown pass in his first game back from an arm injury, then held the ball aloft like it was a freshly made pizza.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions have a decent excuse if they do not want to talk about last weekend's head-scratching loss to Tampa Bay.
DETROIT - Calvin Johnson adjusted to the flight of the ball and it looked like he was about to come down with another big catch.
DETROIT - Tampa Bay is turning around its season, relying on a cool and calm rookie quarterback and an opportunistic defense.
PITTSBURGH - Jason Worilds has done his best to block out the detractors, the ones that have second-guessed the Pittsburgh Steelers since the moment he was taken in the second round of the 2010 draft and anointed as the next great outside linebacker at a place where the position is revered more than most.
TAMPA, Florida - Darrelle Revis relishes the challenge of covering the NFL's top receivers, so he's especially looking forward to a matchup against Calvin Johnson.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - When Matthew Stafford and the Lions left the field at halftime, it looked like there was nothing the Pittsburgh Steelers could do to stop Detroit's offense.
PITTSBURGH - Forget the exotic coverage schemes. Throw out the double teams. Oh, and the triple teams too.
CHICAGO - Calvin Johnson saw the defensive coverage. Same for Matthew Stafford, and they knew exactly what to do.