- General says troop cuts would leave too few to train Afghans Updated: Feb-04-16 3:24 am
WASHINGTON - The senior U.S. commander in Afghanistan says if the American troop level is cut to 5,500 as President Barack Obama has proposed, there will be too few left to train the still-fledgling Afghan security forces.
- Democratic Senate group backs Ross in North Carolina primary Updated: Jan-21-16 2:52 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Democrat seeking to unseat Republican Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina received a key endorsement Thursday from a Washington-based group led by Democratic senators.
- Candidate accuses Sen. Burr of enabling progressive agenda Updated: Jan-12-16 9:02 pm
CARY, North Carolina - Second-time U.S. Senate candidate Greg Brannon told conservative allies Tuesday night that Sen. Richard Burr has enabled President Barack Obama's initiatives on Capitol Hill and that he would stand up for constitutional principles on the Senate floor if he unseated the Republican incumbent.
- Griffin takes over as North Carolina lottery panel chairman Updated: Jan-06-16 6:18 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina Education Lottery Commission has a new chairman.
- Sen. Ernst to speak at fundraiser for veterans' organization Updated: Jan-05-16 10:38 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - U.S. Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa is the featured speaker at a fundraiser to benefit a veterans organization in Fayetteville.