- NC Senate candidates talks up endorsement, ad buy Updated: Mar-06-14 5:06 pm
- NC candidates for federal races, appellate courts Updated: Feb-28-14 3:17 pm
- NC House speaker officially files for US Senate Updated: Feb-26-14 5:25 pm
- Snyder, Kryn enter North Carolina Senate race Updated: Feb-25-14 6:40 pm
- Democratic incumbent Hagan files for Senate in NC Updated: Feb-24-14 6:47 pm
- Outside group running TV ads targeting Tillis Updated: Feb-12-14 5:23 pm
- McCrory, NC lawmakers pledge new teacher pay raise Updated: Feb-10-14 4:35 pm
- Multitude at "Moral March" protest NC GOP policies Updated: Feb-08-14 6:47 pm
- Vulnerable Democrats try straddle on 'Obamacare' Updated: Feb-08-14 3:19 am
- NC AG to appeal ruling on part of abortion law Updated: Feb-07-14 5:47 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Republican U.S. Senate candidate Greg Brannon touted a new endorsement Thursday, while rival Thom Tillis announced a $1.1 million television ad.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The list of candidates who filed Feb. 10-28 with the North Carolina State Board of Elections for selected statewide and federal offices, with name as to be listed on ballot, hometown or address provided and party (when applicable). For General Assembly, Superior Court judge, District Court judge and district attorney candidates, go to http://www.ncsbe.gov
RALEIGH, North Carolina - House Speaker Thom Tillis embraced the Republican agenda he helped push through North Carolina state government and criticized Democrat incumbent Kay Hagan's record as he officially filed Wednesday for the U.S. Senate.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A recent three-time candidate for statewide office in North Carolina and a retired physician added their names Tuesday to the list of Republican candidates seeking Democrat Kay Hagan's U.S. Senate seat this year.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan officially began her re-election bid Monday, saying she'll keep seeking bipartisan solutions within Washington's gridlock and warned conservative interests hoping to defeat her would push an extreme agenda if successful.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - An independent political committee has bought air time for a commercial criticizing Thom Tillis in his bid for the Republican nomination to the U.S. Senate from North Carolina.
JAMESTOWN, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory and top state lawmakers promised Monday to commit about $200 million over the next two years to raise pay for starting teachers from $30,800 a year to $35,000 and keep new educators from leaving classrooms.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Following a year marked by hundreds of arrests and national publicity but few policy victories, leaders of the movement opposing the Republican agenda in North Carolina vowed Saturday to keep fighting and to speak clearly at the ballot box in 2014.
WASHINGTON - Hit with a multimillion-dollar barrage of televised attacks, Democrats in tough re-election races want credit for trying to fix the problematic parts of the health care law at the same time they claim bragging rights for its popular provisions and allege Republicans will reverse the law's crackdown on insurance company abuses.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's attorney general said Friday he's decided to appeal a federal court ruling that struck down part of a law requiring abortion providers to describe an ultrasound to women seeking to terminate a pregnancy.