- Democrats' ad attacks NC House speaker's payments Updated: Apr-16-14 1:16 pm
- 2 Democrats challenge favored Hagan in NC primary Updated: Apr-12-14 10:53 am
- Nurse, ex-mayor, Canadian also run for NC Senate Updated: Apr-12-14 10:52 am
- More Republicans getting on TV in NC Senate race Updated: Apr-11-14 8:52 pm
- NC lawmakers want tuition grant program resumed Updated: Apr-11-14 7:23 pm
- US Chamber of Commerce backs Tillis in NC race Updated: Apr-10-14 5:15 pm
- NC sides with Duke in appeal of coal ash ruling Updated: Apr-09-14 1:31 am
- NC Senate hopefuls announce 1st quarter totals Updated: Apr-07-14 8:08 pm
- Tillis gets anti-abortion group backing in NC Updated: Apr-07-14 7:19 pm
- Brannon again sets goal, this time for US Senate Updated: Mar-29-14 5:24 pm
- Judge: Subpoenas in NC voting suit must be honored Updated: Mar-27-14 10:23 pm
- Harris needs Christian right for GOP NC Senate win Updated: Mar-22-14 12:32 pm
- Hagan turns toward Tillis, would welcome Obama Updated: Mar-21-14 5:19 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A political committee supporting Democratic control of the U.S. Senate began running a TV commercial in North Carolina on Wednesday seeking to remind viewers about personnel issues that embarrassed the office of Republican Thom Tillis, speaker of the state House.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - While many Republicans want to vote U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan out of office in November, other voters get the chance to affirm her as the Democratic Party's nominee with their votes in May.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Heather Grant got in the U.S. Senate race following a brief military nursing career when she wasn't persuaded to support other early candidates.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - More Republican candidates in North Carolina's U.S. Senate primary are getting on the airwaves with paid advertisements before in-person voting begins in less than two weeks.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Republican legislative leaders plan to ask the North Carolina Supreme Court to allow a new program using taxpayer money for tuition at K-12 private or religious schools to begin this fall while litigation challenging it works its way through court.
WASHINGTON - Establishment-minded Republicans and social conservatives alike seem to have settled on a favorite candidate to face Sen. Kay Hagan, the North Carolina Democrat who is among the most vulnerable incumbents seeking re-election.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina regulators are joining with Duke Energy in appealing a judge's ruling on cleaning up groundwater pollution leeching from the company's coal ash dumps.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Leading North Carolina U.S. Senate candidates are announcing their fundraising totals so far this year before they're required to tell election regulators next week.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - House Speaker Thom Tillis has received the endorsement of an influential national anti-abortion group in the race for U.S. Senate in North Carolina.
BURLINGTON, North Carolina - Greg Brannon is approaching his goal of becoming a U.S. senator much the way he did his goal of becoming a doctor - he reads and reads.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina legislators can't ignore subpoenas seeking documents that could provide insight on the development and approval of last year's elections overhaul law being challenged in court, a federal judge ruled Thursday.
ROBBINS, North Carolina - The Rev. Mark Harris says he's the only one in the U.S. Senate Republican primary field that can unite the three streams of the GOP in North Carolina and ultimately put Democratic Sen. Kay Hagan on the political ropes heading to November.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Almost treating the state House speaker like her general election rival, Democratic U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan is redoubling her campaign focus on Thom Tillis, even though it's still unclear whether he'll survive the Republican primary.