- Kenya honors troops slain in Somalia with memorial service Updated: Jan-27-16 1:00 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta on Wednesday led an interfaith memorial service honoring Kenyan soldiers killed while on peacekeeping duty in Somalia.
- Nigerian accused of corruption asks court to dismiss charges Updated: Jan-22-16 4:04 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - A former Nigerian presidential adviser accused of diverting $2.2 billion meant to buy weapons to fight Boko Haram on Friday challenged the government's right to put him on trial.
- Nigeria: Minister alleges $9 billion stolen from economy Updated: Jan-18-16 3:25 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Fifty-five people, including former governors, Cabinet ministers and government workers, stole $9 billion dollars from Nigeria's treasury, the information minister said Monday.
- Nigerian leader orders investigation into kidnapped girls Updated: Jan-15-16 9:22 am
ABUJA, Nigeria - President Muhammadu Buhari is ordering an investigation into Boko Haram's mass kidnapping of the schoolgirls from Chibok and its aftermath, but signaled no progress in efforts to rescue the students abducted nearly two years ago.
- 6 killed as opposition wins election for governor in Nigeria Updated: Jan-11-16 10:31 am
ABUJA, Nigeria - Militants from opposing political parties killed two soldiers and four police officers in shootouts after the governor of Nigeria's oil-rich Bayelsa state was declared the winner of elections there, an election monitor said Monday.