- Iraqis abandoned US-supplied equipment in Ramadi Updated: May-19-15 2:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Iraqi troops abandoned dozens of U.S military vehicles, including tanks, armored personnel carriers and artillery pieces when they fled Islamic State fighters in Ramadi on Sunday, the Pentagon said Tuesday.
- Syrian rebel training has started in Jordan Updated: May-07-15 5:26 pm
WASHINGTON - After months of delays and vetting, the training of moderate Syrian rebels has started in Jordan as part of a broader effort to build a force capable of fighting Islamic State extremists, U.S. and Jordanian officials said Thursday.
- Defense officials: Setting up Syrian safe zone difficult Updated: May-06-15 11:49 am
WASHINGTON - Two U.S. defense officials say setting up a humanitarian safe zone for those caught in the crossfire in Syria can be done militarily but would require the Obama administration to shift troops around.
- 5 Things to Know About Gen. Joseph Dunford Updated: May-05-15 5:39 pm
- Obama chooses Marine general as Joint Chiefs chairman Updated: May-05-15 1:51 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Tuesday nominated a respected, combat hardened commander as his next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to lead the military during a key period of transition.