- Analysis: Hoping legislative defeats boost turnout Updated: Apr-19-14 4:26 am
- Rep. Noem joining delegation to Asia-Pacific Updated: Apr-18-14 5:06 am
- Obama disputes GOP version of immigration call Updated: Apr-17-14 4:11 pm
- Correction: Immigration Reform story Updated: Apr-15-14 10:11 am
- Gardner raises $1.4 million to challenge Udall Updated: Apr-09-14 5:25 pm
- GOP blocks Senate bill curbing gender pay gap Updated: Apr-09-14 4:56 pm
- Unemployment benefits bill headed to House Updated: Apr-08-14 8:06 am
- GOP seeks coverage choices in health law they hate Updated: Apr-06-14 8:14 am
- Allen, Stone clash in GOP debate for Barrow's seat Updated: Mar-31-14 9:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Flip sides of the same campaign-season coin, the Republican drive in Congress to repeal the nation's health care law and the Democratic call to close the pay gap for women have much in common.
WASHINGTON - South Dakota Republican Rep. Kristi Noem is headed to Asia with several other members of Congress.
RICHMOND, Virginia - In a story April 3 about a hunger strike by immigration reform advocates, The Associated Press misspelled the name of a Christian social justice organization. It is Sojourners, not Soujourners.
DENVER - Republican U.S. Rep. Cory Gardner's campaign is reporting it raised $1.4 million during the first three months of the year, almost all of it in March, following his surprise announcement he would challenge Democratic Sen Mark Udall.
WASHINGTON - Republicans blocked a Senate bill Wednesday aimed at narrowing the pay gap between men and women, an election-year ritual that Democrats hope will help spur women to back them in this fall's congressional elections.
WASHINGTON - Election-year legislation to resume long-term jobless benefits is headed to the House, where a small band of dissident Republicans is leaning on Speaker John Boehner to permit a vote on resuming aid to more than 2 million victims of the Great Recession.
WASHINGTON - At the prodding of business organizations, House Republicans quietly secured a recent change in President Barack Obama's health law to expand coverage choices, a striking, one-of-a-kind departure from dozens of high-decibel attempts to repeal or dismember it.
STATESBORO, Georgia - Two Republicans seeking a second chance to unseat Democratic U.S. Rep. John Barrow of Augusta debated Monday whether the U.S. House's GOP leaders should be taken to task during the primary campaign in eastern Georgia's 12th District.