- Brunt of Supreme Court tax ruling to fall on Maryland county Updated: May-19-15 5:55 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The brunt of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling striking down a Maryland tax will fall on one county.
- Supreme Court strikes down Maryland tax law Updated: May-18-15 2:20 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Monday struck down as unconstitutional a Maryland tax that has the effect of double-taxing income residents earn in other states.
- High court: Police immune over arrest of mentally ill woman Updated: May-18-15 1:16 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Monday that police are immune from a lawsuit arising from the arrest and shooting of a mentally ill woman in San Francisco.
- Supreme Court debates challenge to execution drug Updated: Apr-29-15 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Supreme Court justices engaged in an impassioned debate Wednesday about capital punishment, trading unusually combative words in a case involving a drug used in several botched executions.
- Justices uphold limits on judges' appeals for campaign cash Updated: Apr-29-15 2:30 pm
WASHINGTON - A divided Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that states can ban judicial candidates from personally asking for campaign contributions, in a decision aimed at protecting the impartiality of elected judges.
- Justice Kennedy sent clearer signal in 2013 marriage case Updated: Apr-29-15 3:51 am
WASHINGTON - Two years ago, Justice Anthony Kennedy left little doubt during Supreme Court arguments that a part of the federal anti-gay marriage law was doomed.