- Chile's Bachelet sworn in again as president Updated: Mar-11-14 9:08 pm
- Nearly half a-million enroll in 'Obamacare' in Fla Updated: Mar-11-14 5:58 pm
- Obama tapes 'Funny or Die' interview Updated: Mar-11-14 4:55 pm
- Official: Biden mentions mediation for Venezuela Updated: Mar-11-14 3:55 pm
- Biden says Venezuela 'concocting' bogus stories Updated: Mar-09-14 9:56 pm
- Selma, Ala. honors anniversary of 'Bloody Sunday' Updated: Mar-09-14 7:16 pm
- Obama continues telephone outreach on Ukraine Updated: Mar-08-14 3:08 pm
- Biden to attend St. Patrick's event in NE Pa. Updated: Mar-08-14 10:37 am
- Obama warns party to focus on 2014, not 2016 Updated: Mar-08-14 3:22 am
- SC expects no delay between study and harbor work Updated: Mar-07-14 12:44 pm
- Biden promotes $35M proposal to test rape kits Updated: Mar-05-14 6:45 pm
- Senate blocks Obama's pick for civil rights post Updated: Mar-05-14 5:58 pm
- Michelle Obama promotes health insurance in Fla. Updated: Mar-05-14 5:49 pm
- Ga. not allowed to dredge harbor with state funds Updated: Mar-05-14 2:02 pm
- VP Joe Biden visits Atlanta for Nunn fundraiser Updated: Mar-04-14 5:52 pm
- US cancels delegation to Paralympics in Russia Updated: Mar-03-14 12:38 pm
- Biden calls new Ukraine leader, pledges support Updated: Feb-27-14 10:54 pm
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'Parks and Recreation' Updated: Feb-27-14 7:28 pm
- Ex-Philly police officer pleads guilty to felonies Updated: Feb-25-14 1:59 pm
- Biden: Clinton 2016 decision won't affect his Updated: Feb-25-14 12:05 pm
- New host Seth Meyers lands at NBC's 'Late Night' Updated: Feb-24-14 10:10 pm
- Herbert asks President Obama for drought help Updated: Feb-24-14 6:14 pm
- Obama to speak at St. Paul event, open to public Updated: Feb-23-14 5:19 pm
- Poor Floridians fall into Medical expansion gap Updated: Feb-23-14 2:02 pm
- Gov. Patrick to attend governors' meeting in DC Updated: Feb-22-14 11:13 am
VALPARAISO, Chile - Michelle Bachelet returned to Chile's presidency Tuesday after a four-year break, facing an economic slowdown and student-led protests that have paralyzed the country in recent years and now will likely challenge her promises of profound social changes.
MIAMI - Florida is one of several states on track to meet White House projections for enrollment in health plans during the first year of the Affordable Care Act, according to figures released Tuesday.
NEW YORK - Zach Galifianakis brought the ferns, and President Barack Obama opened a new avenue of presidential communication.
VALPARAISO, Chile - US Vice President Joe Biden has been discussing the "difficult situation" in Venezuela with other Latin American leaders attending Chile's presidential inauguration on Tuesday, and mentioned the possibility of mediation by third parties, according to a senior U.S. administration official.
CARACAS, Venezuela - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden calls Venezuela's situation alarming in remarks published Sunday, suggesting its government is using "armed vigilantes" against peaceful protesters and accusing it of "concocting false and outlandish conspiracy theories" about the United States.
SELMA, Alabama - Speakers at the commemoration Sunday of a key event in African Americans' fight for voting rights urged Congress to resurrect the requirement that many southern states get federal approval for changes in election laws.
KEY LARGO, Florida - Vacationing in Florida, President Barack Obama continued his telephone consultations with world leaders on Ukraine, speaking one on one Saturday with the leaders of three European powers and collectively with the heads of the three Baltic states, White House said.
WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania - Vice President Joe Biden, a Scranton native, is returning to northeastern Pennsylvania.
WASHINGTON - Democrats could get walloped in the November elections. The party gets sleepy and distracted in the midterms. And its supporters simply may not show up to vote.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina ports officials expect a seamless transition from the federal studies of deepening the Charleston Harbor shipping channel to dredging work on the $300 million project, which could begin next year.
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday promoted President Barack Obama's request for $35 million to help test more rape kits, saying it will help fight crime.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's choice to lead the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division was blocked by bipartisan Senate opposition Wednesday in an emotional postscript to the long-ago murder of a Philadelphia policeman and the legal help his killer received.
MIAMI - With just weeks left to sign up for health care under the Affordable Care Act, Michelle Obama zeroed in on recruiting the crucial young adult demographic during a visit to a Miami community health center Wednesday.
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Close to getting underway after 15 years of government studies and delays, the deepening of Savannah's busy shipping channel has struck another political setback with the Obama administration saying it's not ready to seek construction funding for the $652 million project and won't let Georgia jumpstart things by using its own money.
ATLANTA - Vice President Joe Biden's midterm election fundraising tour made a stop in Atlanta, where he attended a private fundraising event for U.S. Senate candidate Michelle Nunn on Tuesday.
WASHINGTON - The White House says the United States has decided not to send a presidential delegation to the Paralympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden has told Ukraine's new prime minister that the U.S. welcomes the formation of the country's new government.
WASHINGTON - The cast of NBC's "Parks and Recreation" is getting a new member for a night: Michelle Obama.
PHILADELPHIA - A former Philadelphia police officer once hailed as a hero has pleaded guilty to reduced charges in the alleged drugging and assault of two women.
NEW YORK - The monologue jokes were mostly thin and the host seemed stiff delivering them.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - President Barack Obama will be in St. Paul this week to discuss a new competition encouraging investments to create jobs.
MIAMI - Roughly 1 million uninsured Floridians who repeatedly heard affordable health insurance was just around the corner for them thanks to President Barack Obama's new law are finding a harsh reality - they're too poor to qualify.
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick is heading to Washington to participate in a two-day National Governors Association winter meeting.