- UNLV law professor nominated for federal judge in Nevada Updated: Apr-28-16 6:02 pm
LAS VEGAS - A University of Nevada, Las Vegas, law professor has been nominated by President Barack Obama for a judgeship on the U.S. District Court in Nevada.
- Trump routs rivals in Northeast; Clinton carries 4 states Updated: Apr-27-16 12:43 am
PHILADELPHIA - In a front-runner's rout, Republican Donald Trump roared to victory Tuesday in five contests across the Northeast and confidently declared himself the GOP's "presumptive nominee." Hillary Clinton was dominant in four Democratic races and now is 90 percent of the way to the number she needs to claim her own nomination.
- The Latest: Cruz shoots an airball at 'basketball ring' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:15 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters head to the polls in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland (all times Eastern):
- Nevada GOP congressional hopefuls talk taxes, Trump at forum Updated: Apr-26-16 9:05 pm
HENDERSON, Nevada - Republican candidates in an increasingly tense southern Nevada congressional race staked out positions Tuesday on when it's OK to raise taxes, whether they'd support Donald Trump if he's the party's nominee and whether transgender people should be limited to certain bathrooms.
- Party spurns US Senate candidate who almost won in 2010 Updated: Apr-23-16 12:57 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrat Joe Sestak came tantalizingly close to winning a seat in the U.S. Senate six years ago and is hoping Tuesday to secure a rematch, but the party establishment wants nothing to do with him, pouring millions into the campaign of his chief rival.
- Sept. 11 families upset by White House effort to derail bill Updated: Apr-19-16 4:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Families of the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks say they are "greatly distressed" that the Obama administration is working to derail legislation giving them the right to sue the government of Saudi Arabia for any role that elements of the Saudi government may have played in the attack.
- Tarkanian, Roberson jockey for lead in House fundraising Updated: Apr-15-16 10:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - A heated Republican primary to replace outgoing Nevada Rep. Joe Heck escalated on Friday, after campaign finance reports showed the two are jockeying for first place in fundraising.
- Susie Lee maintains money lead in Democratic House primary Updated: Apr-15-16 6:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Philanthropist Susie Lee has kept her fundraising advantage over seven Democratic rivals in the primary for Nevada's 4th Congressional District seat.
- Senate hopeful Masto outraises Republican Heck last quarter Updated: Apr-15-16 3:30 pm
LAS VEGAS - Democrat Catherine Cortez Masto has outraised her Republican rival Joe Heck recently in the race to replace Sen. Harry Reid, although Heck has more money in the bank.
- GOP Senate OKs Obama judicial nominee for Tennessee Updated: Apr-11-16 11:28 pm
WASHINGTON - The Republican-led Senate easily confirmed President Barack Obama's pick for a Tennessee federal judgeship on Monday, even as the GOP maintained its blockade against considering Obama's nominee for the Supreme Court vacancy.
- Biden stumps for Senate candidate in downtown Las Vegas Updated: Apr-07-16 9:55 pm
LAS VEGAS - Vice President Joe Biden stumped for Democratic Senate candidate Catherine Cortez Masto during a visit Thursday evening to an outdoor pedestrian mall.
- Nominee Garland smiles, stays quiet while in public view Updated: Apr-06-16 6:01 pm
WASHINGTON - "Cubs or White Sox?"
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Reid talks monuments, jabs at Republicans Updated: Apr-06-16 2:59 pm
WASHINGTON - Harry Reid loves national monuments designated by President Barack Obama.
- Sanders won Nevada's county conventions, but will it matter? Updated: Apr-05-16 4:40 am
LAS VEGAS - Bernie Sanders scored a sizeable victory at Nevada's county-level Democratic conventions on Saturday, a reversal from Hillary Clinton's comfortable triumph at the state's higher-profile Democratic caucuses on Feb 20.
- Senate passes legislation to protect trade secrets Updated: Apr-04-16 6:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate Monday passed a bill taking aim at those who steal trade secrets from other businesses.
- Judge orders Utah businessman at center of scandal to jail Updated: Apr-01-16 6:01 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah businessman who was a key figure in a scandal ensnaring two former state attorneys general was ushered by U.S. Marshals on Friday out of a courtroom and into jail, where he'll stay until he's sentenced in June for lying to banks.