- Balancing act for House Democratic Leader Pelosi on trade Updated: May-20-15 11:01 am
WASHINGTON - As House Speaker, Nancy Pelosi delivered the signature achievement of President Barack Obama's first term: his health care bill. Now Obama's top second-term goal, a major trade deal, hangs in the balance on Capitol Hill and Pelosi is again on the spot.
- Reid hits NFL over 'racist' Redskins name Updated: May-12-15 2:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid says the National Football League is more concerned with air in footballs than the Washington Redskins' "racist" name.
- Reid to host, US energy chief to headline 8th Vegas 'summit' Updated: May-11-15 4:55 pm
LAS VEGAS - U.S. Sen. Harry Reid says the nation's top energy official will headline an annual green power conference Aug. 24 in Las Vegas.
- Dems claim recruiting successes in bid to retake Senate Updated: May-11-15 1:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats are claiming early success in recruiting strong candidates in Republican-held states as they fight to retake the majority after last year's midterm bloodletting. But in several states the party is still searching, with the Democrat who looks like the strongest candidate holding out for now.
- Former Sen. Larry Pressler reflects on public life, future Updated: May-10-15 11:28 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Election Day 2014 is six months past, but former South Dakota U.S. Sen. Larry Pressler is still eager to discuss the motivation for his independent Senate bid: the current system is poisoning American politics.
- Amodei doesn't rule out race for Nevada governor in 2018 Updated: May-09-15 8:17 pm
RENO, Nevada - U.S. Rep. Mark Amodei says he won't run for the U.S. Senate next year, but he hasn't ruled out a race for governor or attorney general in 2018.
- Historian retires; climate foes back chem bill Updated: May-07-15 3:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate historian Donald Ritchie is stepping down from his "front-row seat to the best show in town."
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Reid sounds resigned on trade fast track Updated: May-05-15 6:37 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate's top Democrat fiercely opposes expanded trade deals, but he signaled Tuesday he won't stand on the railroad tracks to block them.
- Governor buries time capsule to mark state's 150th birthday Updated: May-01-15 5:35 pm
LAS VEGAS - Special items from Las Vegas and Nevada's 150th birthday have been buried in a time capsule for 50 years.
- Rep. Titus says she's in no hurry to decide about Senate bid Updated: Apr-30-15 5:30 pm
- DHS No. 2 regrets perception of favoritism in visa cases Updated: Apr-30-15 3:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Homeland Security Deputy Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas steadfastly defended his work on three foreign-investor visa cases while testifying before a House committee Thursday, following allegations that he used his post to help well-connected Democrats.
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval defies GOP image, seeks tax hike Updated: Apr-28-15 4:57 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Republicans made history last election when they took control of both houses of the Legislature for the first time since 1929.
- Ringside tickets bound for the recognizable, rich, lucky Updated: Apr-28-15 3:49 pm
LAS VEGAS - Tickets are at such a premium to see Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao's long-awaited matchup that all of those seated at ringside will be the recognizable, the rich - and the very lucky.
- Murray, mom in tennis shoes in '92, stands her ground Updated: Apr-27-15 1:08 pm
WASHINGTON - There's a disturbance in the force of the tradition-bound Senate and her name is Patty Murray.