- Nevada says national nuclear dump could harm farm community Updated: Nov-20-15 6:38 pm
LAS VEGAS - Radioactive well-water contamination could threaten some 1,400 people in a rural farming community if federal regulators allow the nation's deadliest nuclear waste to be buried in the Nevada desert, state officials said in a report issued Friday.
- CAPITOL HILL BUZZ: Forget Assad, focus on IS Updated: Nov-20-15 1:44 pm
WASHINGTON - In an unusual alliance, a House Democrat and Republican have teamed up to urge the Obama administration to stop trying to overthrow Syrian President Bashar Assad and focus all its efforts on destroying Islamic State militants.
- House OK of GOP Syrian refugee curbs is just start of fight Updated: Nov-20-15 10:00 am
WASHINGTON - Republicans have embarrassed President Barack Obama by winning veto-proof House approval of legislation blocking Syrian and Iraqi refugees from the U.S., but from here the effort may take a different turn in Congress.
- Analysis: Obama refugee argument fails as Democrats desert Updated: Nov-19-15 5:02 pm
MANILA, Philippines - As anxiety about Syrian refugees entering the U.S. took hold this week, President Barack Obama was having none of it. Halfway across the globe, he scolded politicians questioning his plan to take in 10,000 Syrians in light of the Paris attacks, dismissing them as fear-mongers scoring political points.
- Republicans rush to shut borders to Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-18-15 9:40 am
WASHINGTON - Republicans urged an immediate closure of America's borders to Syrian refugees Tuesday, drawing angry denunciations from President Barack Obama and other Democrats and igniting an emotional debate about U.S. values in the wake of the deadly Paris terror attacks.
- EPA intends tougher downwind air-pollution rule in 23 states Updated: Nov-18-15 12:22 am
WASHINGTON - The Environmental Protection Agency proposed tougher new limits on Tuesday on smokestack emissions from nearly two dozen states that burden downwind areas with air pollution from power plants they can't control.
- EPA intends tougher downwind air-pollution rule in 23 states Updated: Nov-17-15 7:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The Environmental Protection Agency proposed tougher new limits on Tuesday on smokestack emissions from Texas and 22 other states that burden downwind areas with air pollution from power plants they can't control.
- Nevada Dem insiders either support Clinton or aren't saying Updated: Nov-13-15 11:08 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada delegates who are free to choose whichever candidate they would like at the Democratic National Convention next year are either backing Hillary Rodham Clinton or not saying who they would support, according to an Associated Press survey.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Clinton email squabble hits Senate Updated: Nov-11-15 1:36 pm
WASHINGTON - The squabble over Hillary Rodham Clinton's emails has hit the Senate.
- GOP's Angle 'looking for interest' in potential Senate bid Updated: Nov-05-15 6:20 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican former U.S. Senate candidate Sharron Angle acknowledged a group is pushing her to run again for Democratic Sen. Harry Reid's seat, but she isn't committing to doing so.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Feinstein vs. Cruz Updated: Nov-04-15 5:09 pm
WASHINGTON - It was another round of Cruz vs. Feinstein.
- Health exchange hopes to move past troubles in 3rd go-round Updated: Nov-02-15 1:41 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - It's survived an IT meltdown and attempts to kill it in the Legislature. It's now facing the loss of two insurance carriers and an effort to constitutionally ban it.
- New day for House as Paul Ryan becomes 54th speaker Updated: Oct-29-15 4:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Paul Ryan became the 54th speaker of the U.S. House on Thursday in a day of high political theater, a young new leader for a fractured Congress, charged with healing Republican divides and quieting the chaos of Capitol Hill.
- Memoir by Senate Majority Leader McConnell coming in May Updated: Oct-26-15 5:22 pm
NEW YORK - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has a book deal.