- Johansson has goal, 2 assists as Caps beat Predators 5-3 Updated: Feb-10-16 1:07 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A return to Nashville for Washington Capitals coach Barry Trotz was nice, but winning was even better.
- NHL-leading Capitals aim to end troubling power-play drought Updated: Feb-08-16 3:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The Capitals are winners of three in a row and sitting pretty atop the NHL, so not much seems to be going wrong for Washington. They do however have one glaring problem - power-play goals - and it is something coach Barry Trotz hopes to fix sooner rather than later.
- Ovechkin reaches 30 goals again as Capitals beat Flyers Updated: Feb-07-16 4:31 pm
WASHINGTON - Matt Niskanen scored a goal that wowed the Washington Capitals' bench, and Alex Ovechkin scored an atypical goal that put him in elite company in hockey history.
- Goalie Marty Brodeur gets statue, NJ Devils jersey retired Updated: Feb-06-16 3:06 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Even after retiring, Marty Brodeur is still the face of New Jersey Devils' hockey.
- Huberdeau leads Panthers past Caps 5-2 for 4th straight win Updated: Feb-02-16 11:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Beating the defending Stanley Cup and Eastern Conference champions, along with the top team in the NHL this season, says something about the upstart Florida Panthers. The way they've done it says even more.
- Nashville puts on good show for NHL All-Star weekend Updated: Feb-01-16 8:14 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Music City waited 18 years to host the NHL All-Star game.
- Capitals' Ovechkin to miss NHL All-Star Game with injury Updated: Jan-28-16 4:34 am
WASHINGTON - A lingering lower-body injury knocked one of the NHL's biggest stars out of All-Star weekend.
- Capitals' Richards has court date adjourned to Feb. 25 Updated: Jan-27-16 3:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Capitals center Mike Richards will not appear in Manitoba Court on Thursday, as his trial on the charge of possession of a controlled substance has been adjourned to Feb. 25.
- Backstrom, Ovechkin power 1st-place Caps past Blue Jackets Updated: Jan-19-16 11:30 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A refreshed Braden Holtby handled an early push from Columbus until Washington's high-powered offense revved up.
- Holtby expected to be OK after leaving game with dehydration Updated: Jan-17-16 9:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Goaltender Braden Holtby is expected to be OK after leaving the Washington Capitals' game against the New York Rangers on Sunday because of dehydration.
- Williams has hat trick; Capitals bounce back, beat Rangers Updated: Jan-17-16 9:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Justin Williams remembered that the last time he recorded a hat trick was 2006 when he played for the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Kane and Johnson help Sabres beat Capitals and Holtby, 4-1 Updated: Jan-16-16 11:25 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Phil Varone barely slept last night and Tim Schaller hadn't scored in more than a year. Together, they helped the Buffalo Sabres hand Washington goalie Braden Holtby a rare loss.
- Kuznetsov shines, Capitals beat Canucks 4-1 Updated: Jan-14-16 11:11 pm