- Sen. Cruz takes on more traditional GOP target: the IRS Updated: Jul-29-15 6:01 pm
WASHINGTON - After a week of fighting with other Republicans, Sen. Ted Cruz took on a more traditional GOP target Wednesday: the IRS.
- Senate GOP adds Dodd-Frank rewrite to $21B funding bill Updated: Jul-22-15 1:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Republicans are trying to use a must-do spending bill to advance legislation significantly revising a landmark law that tightened regulation of the financial services industry after the 2008 financial crisis.
- High-stakes lobbying on Iran deal; pressure for Congress Updated: Jul-19-15 2:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Israel's ambassador to the United States raced in and out of offices on Capitol Hill, trying to persuade lawmakers that the nuclear deal with Iran is a historic mistake.
- Race the clock: Key Democrats size up Obama's Iran deal Updated: Jul-17-15 3:20 am
WASHINGTON - Democratic lawmakers say they're going to make those 60 days count.
- Senate OKs revised No Child education law, compromise needed Updated: Jul-16-15 4:46 pm
WASHINGTON - More than a decade after No Child Left Behind established a stronger federal role in public education, the Senate on Thursday approved a rewrite of the much-criticized education law that would return much of that power to the states.
- White House seeking Democrats to support Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-14-15 5:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Just hours after announcing a landmark nuclear agreement with Iran on Tuesday, the White House launched a robust lobbying campaign to persuade skeptical Democrats in Congress to approve the deal.
- Obama presses Senate Democrats to withhold judgment on Iran Updated: Jul-08-15 5:11 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama downplayed chances for an Iran nuclear deal in a closed-door meeting with Senate Democrats, participants said Wednesday, while asking them to withhold judgment until any deal is complete.