- '12 Years' vies with 'Hunger Games' at MTV Awards Updated: Mar-06-14 10:46 am
- NY Times prints Northup correction 161 years later Updated: Mar-04-14 7:49 pm
- Handler's Oscar tweets draw accusations of racism Updated: Mar-03-14 3:13 pm
- Celeb birthdays for the week of March 9-15 Updated: Mar-03-14 1:35 pm
- Diversity the big winner at the Academy Awards Updated: Mar-03-14 12:31 pm
- Former winners reflect at Oscar party Updated: Mar-03-14 11:15 am
- Pride of Africa: Kenya celebrates Nyong'o's Oscar Updated: Mar-03-14 9:04 am
- AP PHOTOS: What they wore at the Oscars Updated: Mar-03-14 5:49 am
- 10 Things to Know for Monday Updated: Mar-03-14 12:49 am
- Oscarcast: A fine scene hosted by Ellen DeGeneres Updated: Mar-03-14 12:44 am
- Lupita Nyong'o wins Oscar for supporting actress Updated: Mar-03-14 12:25 am
- List of Oscar winners Updated: Mar-03-14 12:02 am
- SHOW BITS: A tale of 2 red carpets Updated: Mar-02-14 8:40 pm
- '12 Years a Slave' rolls at Spirit Awards Updated: Mar-02-14 12:59 am
- Cuaron's Oscar nod leaves Mexico soul searching Updated: Feb-28-14 5:53 pm
- Nyong'o admits complexion was 'obstacle' in youth Updated: Feb-27-14 10:49 pm
- Film students, not models, prep for Oscar stage Updated: Feb-27-14 7:58 am
- Oscar predictions: What will win and should win Updated: Feb-26-14 1:22 pm
- Expect an Oscars filled with music, heroes, Ellen Updated: Feb-24-14 1:38 pm
- List of winners of the 45th annual Image Awards Updated: Feb-22-14 11:53 pm
- '12 Years a Slave' wins big at NAACP Image Awards Updated: Feb-22-14 11:46 pm
- Lupita Nyong'o is Hollywood's new fixation Updated: Feb-18-14 3:53 pm
- '12 Years a Slave' named best film at UK awards Updated: Feb-16-14 9:10 pm
- A look at NY Fashion Week: Weird and wonderful Updated: Feb-14-14 4:34 pm
NEW YORK - Oscar winner "12 Years a Slave" will face off with blockbusters like "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" and "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" at the MTV Movie Awards.
NEW YORK - The New York Times has printed a correction for misspelling 161 years ago the name of a black man who was sold into slavery and whose memoirs were turned into the Oscar-winning movie "12 Years a Slave."
LOS ANGELES - Comedian Chelsea Handler drew accusations of racism after she was invited to take over The Huffington Post's Twitter account during Sunday night's Oscars and repeatedly touted her upcoming book, "Uganda Be Kidding Me," whenever "12 Years A Slave" received an award.
March 9: Singer-actress Keely Smith is 86. Singer Lloyd Price is 81. Actress Joyce Van Patten is 80. Actor-comedian Marty Ingels is 78. Country singer Mickey Gilley is 78. Actress Trish Van Devere is 73. Former "Good Morning America" host Charles Gibson is 71. Guitarist Robin Trower (Procol Harum) is 69. Guitarist-harmonica player Jimmie Fadden of The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band is 66. Singer Jeffrey Osborne is 66. Actress Linda Fiorentino is 54. Guitarist Rusty Hendrix of Confederate Railroad is 54. Actress Juliette Binoche is 50. Bassist Robert Sledge of Ben Folds Five is 46. Actor Emmanuel Lewis ("Webster") is 43. Actress Jean Louisa Kelly ("Yes, Dear," ''Mr. Holland's Opus") is 42. Rapper Chingy is 34. Keyboardist Ben Tanner of Alabama Shakes is 31. Actress Brittany Snow is 28. Rapper Bow Wow is 27. Actor Luis Armand Garcia ("George Lopez") is 22. Actress Cierra Ramirez ("The Fosters") is 19.
LOS ANGELES - Diversity was perhaps the biggest winner at the 86th annual Academy Awards.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Actors Jon Voight, Martin Landau and George Chakiris all have one shiny, golden thing in common.
NAIROBI, Kenya - "You are the pride of Africa," Kenya's president exclaimed on Twitter as he celebrated Kenya's first major Oscar win by actress Lupita Nyong'o.
Academy Award winners create buzz. Then there's the buzz generated by what the winners (and others) wore.
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
NEW YORK - With only a week to catch our breath after the lengthy cavalcade of Winter Olympics coverage, this year's Oscarcast may have seemed a refreshingly snug handout of awards. After all, it lasted only slightly more than three and a half hours, aired on ABC from a single venue (Hollywood's Dolby Theatre), and was emceed by the comfortably reliable Ellen DeGeneres.
LOS ANGELES - After a whirlwind of awards season attention for Lupita Nyong'o ended with a best supporting actress award at Sunday's Oscars, the "12 Years a Slave" star honored the character that put her on stage.
List of winners at Sunday's 86th annual Academy Awards presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
LOS ANGELES - Show Bits brings you the 86th annual Academy Awards in Los Angeles through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
SANTA MONICA, California - "12 Years a Slave" rolled at the Spirit Awards, winning five awards including best feature at the annual independent film celebration.
MEXICO CITY - The Oscars could be Mexico's big night, with three Mexicans nominated for directing, cinematography and acting.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - There wasn't a dry eye in the house Thursday when Lupita Nyong'o delivered an emotional speech while accepting her honor for best breakout performance at Essence magazine's seventh annual Women in Hollywood luncheon.
LOS ANGELES - Bryson Kemp looks camera ready in his tuxedo. Bound for the Oscars, the 19-year-old is the picture of elegance.
A seemingly endless movie awards season finally concludes Sunday with the Academy Awards. By now, many of the front-runners have established themselves, but the night's big honor - best picture - remains a dramatic question mark.
LOS ANGELES - With less than a week to go before the Academy Awards, the Dolby Theatre in the heart of Hollywood is on lockdown. Guards stand at every door, and handlers with walkie-talkies keep a close eye on any visitors.
The winners of the 45th annual NAACP Image Awards Saturday night in Los Angeles:
LOS ANGELES - "12 Years a Slave" swept the film categories at the NAACP Image Awards with four wins.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Lupita Nyong'o is preparing herself for normalcy. After the frenzy that's followed her gripping performance in "12 Years a Slave," she wants to be ready for life back home in New York.
LONDON - The force of "Gravity" was strong at the British Academy Film Awards on Sunday - but it was unflinching drama "12 Years a Slave" that took the top prize.
NEW YORK - There was a wall that oozed chocolate, a streaker on the runway, a gallery turned into a freaky fashion cathedral, an entire armory outfitted with fake puffy clouds, and so much snow - REAL snow - that even dedicated fashionistas traded in stilettos for boots. (Well, SOME fashionistas.)