- Pope reveals he took his late confessor's cross Updated: Mar-06-14 8:13 am
- Pope defensive on sex abuse as commission lags Updated: Mar-05-14 5:48 pm
- Married man to become Maronite priest in US Updated: Feb-27-14 3:02 pm
- Pope's envoy for Legion ends mandate Updated: Feb-25-14 1:23 pm
- Pope makes first overhaul of Vatican in 25 years Updated: Feb-24-14 10:46 am
- 2 popes on hand in historic 1st cardinal ceremony Updated: Feb-22-14 4:28 pm
- Mayor to pope: Please come to Boston Updated: Feb-21-14 12:01 pm
- Pope's simple style influencing cardinal fashion Updated: Feb-20-14 8:15 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis confessed Thursday that he took the rosary cross of his late confessor from his casket and wears it to this day in a fabric pouch under his cassock. He said he did so telling the late priest, "Give me half your mercy."
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis is coming under increasing criticism that he simply doesn't get it on sex abuse.
ST. LOUIS - When Deacon Wissam Akiki is ordained as a Maronite Catholic priest Thursday night in St. Louis, he's expected to have hundreds of supporters there for him, including his wife and daughter.
ROME - The pope's envoy running the troubled Legion of Christ ended his three-year reform effort Tuesday, declaring the order "cured and cleaned" but acknowledging it bears the guilt of its pedophile founder and the superiors who delayed admitting his crimes.
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis on Monday announced the first major overhaul of the Vatican's outdated and inefficient bureaucracy in a quarter-century, creating an economics secretariat to control all economic, administrative, personnel and procurement functions of the Holy See.
VATICAN CITY - In an unprecedented blending of papacies past, present and future, retired Pope Benedict XVI joined Pope Francis at a ceremony Saturday to formally install new cardinals who will one day elect their successor.
BOSTON - Mayor Martin Walsh wants Pope Francis to visit Boston.
VATICAN CITY - No glitzy gold, no rich velvet, no regal fur. Pope Francis' pared down papal wardrobe of sensible black shoes and a white cassock so thin you can see his black trousers through it is a perfect fit for his call for simplicity and humility among his clergy.