- Morton, Pirates fall to Brewers again, 5-3 Updated: Apr-19-14 12:23 am
- Brewers' Lohse beats Pirates again, 5-3 Updated: Apr-18-14 11:38 pm
- Mets trade 1B Ike Davis to Pirates Updated: Apr-18-14 11:35 pm
- Brewers' bullpen battered by Pirates Updated: Apr-18-14 12:41 am
- Cueto throws 3rd shutout as Reds beat Pirates 4-0 Updated: Apr-16-14 4:26 pm
- Reds lose to Pirates 8-7 in suspended game Updated: Apr-15-14 7:26 pm
- Pro sports becoming more open to paternity leave Updated: Apr-14-14 10:23 am
- McCutchen back in lineup after ankle discomfort Updated: Apr-12-14 7:50 pm
- Expanded replay might make for better manners Updated: Apr-11-14 3:59 am
- Alvarez hit go-ahead HR, Pirates hold off Cubs 5-4 Updated: Apr-10-14 7:27 pm
- Orioles beat Tigers 3-1, handing them 1st loss Updated: Apr-06-14 5:36 pm
- Pirates GM Huntington, manager Hurdle extended Updated: Apr-05-14 7:36 pm
- Cubs edge Pirates 3-2 to pick up first win Updated: Apr-03-14 5:01 pm
- Results of replay rulings around the major leagues Updated: Apr-01-14 3:00 am
- Mixed reaction for Bonds in Pittsburgh homecoming Updated: Mar-31-14 4:05 pm
- Pirates-Phillies exhibition game rained out Updated: Mar-29-14 7:06 pm
- Walker, Morton lead Pirates over Phillies 3-0 Updated: Mar-28-14 11:05 pm
- Bonds, Leyland to attend Pirates opening day Updated: Mar-28-14 9:42 pm
- Marte, Pirates finalize $31 million, 6-year deal Updated: Mar-27-14 1:41 pm
- Cole looking to avoid sophomore slump for Pirates Updated: Mar-26-14 4:25 pm
- Pirates looking for repeat after breakthrough year Updated: Mar-25-14 8:11 pm
- Rollins, Howard, Asche homer for Phillies in loss Updated: Mar-22-14 6:48 pm
PITTSBURGH - Though it wasn't a clean effort, it was a win for the Milwaukee Brewers, and they'll take it.
PITTSBURGH - The Milwaukee Brewers' bullpen had been nearly unhittable in the early part of the season. That sure changed Thursday night.
CINCINNATI - That playoff loss in Pittsburgh last year? Johnny Cueto never thought about it much. So getting a chance to shut out the Pirates in a rematch wasn't any more special.
CINCINNATI - No homers, no two-out hits. The Reds were all out of them once the game resumed.
Tony Perez was on the road with the Cincinnati Reds in 1966 when he got the call that his first child was on the way. There was no discussion about leaving the team to attend Victor's birth, no such thing as paternity leave.
MILWAUKEE - Andrew McCutchen is back in the Pittsburgh Pirates' lineup against the Milwaukee Brewers after coming out of Friday night's game with a sore ankle.
OAKLAND, California - Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona calmly exited the dugout on opening night and approached home plate umpire Mike Winters with a rather polite request that he review a collision at the plate.
CHICAGO - Pedro Alvarez stepped to the plate ready to strike in a big spot.
DETROIT - Chris Tillman gave up only one run in a second straight start.
PITTSBURGH - Clint Hurdle doesn't want to manage the Pittsburgh Pirates unless Neal Huntington is his boss. Huntington doesn't want to help run the club unless Hurdle is in the dugout.
PITTSBURGH - The weary Chicago Cubs' bullpen needed a break. New manager Rick Renteria needed a win.
The results of the five reviews Monday under Major League Baseball's expanded replay system:
PITTSBURGH - Barry Bonds spent a portion of Monday morning driving around Pittsburgh, marveling at the changes he's seen in the city since baseball's career home run king bolted for San Francisco more than two decades ago.
PHILADELPHIA - Six years removed from the second championship in franchise history, the Philadelphia Phillies enter 2014 maintaining high hopes in spite of an aging roster and sagging expectations.
PHILADELPHIA - Neil Walker had three hits and an RBI to lead the Pittsburgh Pirates to a 3-0 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday night.
PITTSBURGH - The roars have faded. The giddiness of ending 21 years of futility and coming with a game of the National League championship series, too.