- Slide continues as Pirates lose to Twins 4-3 in 13 innings Updated: May-21-15 12:05 am
PITTSBURGH - One-quarter of the way into what the Pittsburgh Pirates still believe can be a special season, the results are becoming ordinary. Familiar too.
- Alvarez hits majestic homer into river in Pirates 8-5 loss Updated: May-20-15 12:11 am
PITTSBURGH - Pedro Alvarez hit a majestic home run that wound up landing in a boat docked along the Allegheny River beyond the right-field stands at PNC Park.
- Pirates stop 4-game slide with 3-0 win over Cubs Updated: May-17-15 7:02 pm
CHICAGO - The Pittsburgh Pirates needed another strong outing from their most consistent starter, and A.J. Burnett stepped up again.
- Harang, Howard lead Phillies to 4-2 win over Pirates Updated: May-14-15 5:48 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Phillies had a plan: get a lead and trust their pitcher.
- Pirates not pushing panic button as hitting woes continue Updated: May-08-15 11:38 pm
PITTSBURGH - Andrew McCutchen tried to channel his inner Marshawn Lynch.
- Pirates bust loose, end 5-game slide with 7-2 win over Reds Updated: May-07-15 11:26 pm
PITTSBURGH - Gregory Polanco ignored the stop sign from Pittsburgh Pirates third-base coach Rick Sofield and kept on churning. Considering the way the Pirates are struggling to score, the risk seemed worth the reward.
- Cardinals win in extras again, beat Pirates 3-2 in 14 Updated: May-03-15 8:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - Kolten Wong went up there hacking. Starting a rally wouldn't satisfy.
- Kirk Gibson diagnosed with Parkinson's disease Updated: Apr-28-15 9:50 pm
DETROIT - Kirk Gibson has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- Pirates' Gregory Polanco sidelined by groin injury Updated: Apr-28-15 6:12 pm
CHICAGO - Pittsburgh outfielder Gregory Polanco was held out of the Pirates' starting lineup Tuesday night against the Chicago Cubs because of a left groin injury.
- Pirates complete 1st desert sweep with 8-0 win over D-backs Updated: Apr-26-15 8:35 pm
PHOENIX - Pittsburgh's slow start to the season is quickly fading into the rearview mirror.
- Polanco, Pirates rally for 5-4 win over Cubs Updated: Apr-23-15 5:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Gregory Polanco's maturation from prospect to entrenched major league starter remains a work in progress. The pace of the Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder's education, however, is picking up speed.