- Experts: Convictions will be tough to win in Baltimore case Updated: May-02-15 11:37 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's top prosecutor acted swiftly in charging six officers in the death of Freddie Gray, who suffered a grave spinal injury as he was arrested and put into a police transport van, handcuffed and without a seat belt.
- Orioles to play White Sox on Wednesday in closed stadium Updated: Apr-28-15 7:07 pm
BALTIMORE - After a pair of postponements caused by rioting in Baltimore, the Orioles and Chicago White Sox will play Wednesday at Camden Yards in what is believed to be the first game without fans in major league baseball's 145-season history.
- Orioles' game in Baltimore postponed due to safety concerns Updated: Apr-27-15 7:24 pm
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles' home game against the Chicago White Sox was postponed Monday night because of safety concerns after riots broke out near Camden Yards following the funeral of Freddie Gray.
- SC police shooting case rekindles body camera debate Updated: Apr-09-15 4:25 am
NEW YORK - A bystander's video proved pivotal in the filing of a murder charge against a South Carolina police officer, and also rekindled a fervent national discussion about the use of body cameras by police officers.
- When can police use lethal force against a fleeing suspect? Updated: Apr-08-15 6:20 pm
WASHINGTON - The law gives police officers latitude to use deadly force when they feel physically endangered, but there's far less legal flexibility when it comes to opening fire at fleeing individuals. Here's a look at legal issues raised by Saturday's police shooting in South Carolina in which video recorded by a bystander shows a black man being shot in the back and killed as he runs away.