- W.Va. tourism commissioner retiring Updated: Apr-24-14 6:29 pm
- Keystone XL pipeline part of larger Senate fight Updated: Apr-24-14 5:29 pm
- Labor Dept. cuts levels of allowable coal dust Updated: Apr-23-14 12:16 pm
- Rockefeller to speak at W.Va. Wesleyan forum Updated: Apr-19-14 11:37 am
- Energy state Dems in Senate races split from Obama Updated: Apr-16-14 2:00 pm
- GOP targets women in West Virginia, 9 other states Updated: Apr-14-14 4:55 pm
- W.Va. housing programs get nearly $1.4M in funding Updated: Apr-12-14 9:31 am
- W.Va. leaders reflect on UBB disaster anniversary Updated: Apr-05-14 12:10 pm
- W.Va. leaders oppose cuts to black lung clinics Updated: Apr-04-14 12:26 pm
- Lawmakers accuse GM of possible criminal cover-up Updated: Apr-02-14 3:20 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Tourism Commissioner Betty Carver is retiring after a 37-year career working for the state.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Alison Grimes is the latest Democratic Senate candidate to call for building the Keystone XL oil pipeline. But the move hasn't cost her support among some environmentalists as she tries to win the seat now held by Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration said Wednesday it is cutting the amount of coal dust allowed in coal mines in an effort to help reduce black lung disease.
BUCKHANNON, West Virginia - Retiring U.S. Sen. Jay Rockefeller will discuss his five decades of public service at a public forum at West Virginia Wesleyan College.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Scrapping to keep a West Virginia Senate seat Democratic in a state that's sprinted to the right, Natalie Tennant is counting on her allegiance to the coal industry to separate herself from an unpopular President Barack Obama.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Two West Virginia counties are among two dozen nationwide that Republicans are targeting to sway women's votes.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Several housing facilities across West Virginia are sharing nearly $1.4 million in federal funding.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia political leaders are remembering 29 miners killed in the Upper Big Branch mine disaster on the fourth anniversary of the nation's deadliest mining accident in 40 years.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Members of West Virginia's congressional delegation have joined Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin in questioning a sharp drop in federal funding for the state's black lung clinics.
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers on Capitol Hill accused General Motors of a potentially criminal cover-up of its defective ignition switches and fumed at the lack of answers from its new CEO during a second day of hearings Wednesday into why GM waited a decade to recall cars with the deadly flaw.