- EU, German heads at funeral of former Polish FM Bartoszewski Updated: May-04-15 11:37 am
WARSAW, Poland - Wladyslaw Bartoszewski, the former Auschwitz prisoner who helped save Jews from the Holocaust and later became Poland's foreign minister, was a joyful person who inspired deep respect, top European officials said in eulogies Monday at his state funeral in Warsaw.
- Austria's president warns against extreme-right sentiment Updated: Apr-27-15 9:26 am
VIENNA - Austria's president has reminded citizens that their country was a supporter of Nazi Germany and has urged them to be vigilant against a resurgence of extreme-right sentiment.
- Ceremonies mark liberation of 2 Nazi camps 70 years ago Updated: Apr-26-15 10:05 am
BERLIN - Holocaust survivors and officials gathered Sunday at the memorial site of the former concentration camp Bergen-Belsen in northern Germany in a solemn ceremony to commemorate the liberation of the camp 70 years ago.
- Ceremonies mark liberation of 2 Nazi camps 70 years ago Updated: Apr-19-15 11:19 am
FUERSTENBERG, Germany - Officials in Germany solemnly commemorated the liberation of two Nazi concentration camps 70 years ago in the closing days of World War II.
- German Nobel literature laureate Guenter Grass dies at 87 Updated: Apr-13-15 2:10 pm
BERLIN - Guenter Grass was to Germany what William Faulkner was to the old American South: The bard, scourge and pathfinder of a society ruined by moral disgrace and humiliated by military defeat.