- Correction: Presidential Expenses story Updated: May-20-15 1:37 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story May 19 about expenses for former presidents, The Associated Press reported erroneously that former President George H.W. Bush left office in 1989. He took office that year and left office in 1993.
- News guide: Big money, big questions for Clinton Foundation Updated: May-13-15 4:16 am
WASHINGTON - Millions of dollars in foreign money sloshing around a presidential candidate, even in the name of helping the world's poor, is bound to spill over into controversy.
- Guyana opposition vote count shows victory over ruling party Updated: May-12-15 8:04 pm
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - An opposition coalition challenging the governing party and the racial politics that have long dominated in Guyana said Tuesday it appeared to have won national elections, though official results had not been released.
- Feeling unwell, Jimmy Carter cuts short Guyana visit Updated: May-10-15 2:26 pm
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - Carter Center officials say former U.S. President Jimmy Carter has cut short an election observation visit in Guyana due to health reasons.
- Reaction to death of former US House Speaker Jim Wright Updated: May-06-15 7:10 pm
DALLAS - Reaction to the death of Jim Wright, former U.S. House speaker and longtime Texas Democratic congressman:
- Jim Wright, former US House speaker, dies at age 92 Updated: May-06-15 6:58 pm
DALLAS - As a member of what he called "the people's house" for more than a generation, Texas Democrat Jim Wright was known for his rich oratorical skills in the U.S. House. He never relied on them more than the day in 1989 when he told those who had elected him speaker that he was prepared to resign after being accused of violating ethics rules dozens of times.
- Former House Speaker Jim Wright dies at age 92 Updated: May-06-15 6:34 pm
DALLAS - Former U.S. House Speaker Jim Wright, the longtime Texas Democrat who became the first House speaker in the nation's history to be driven out of office in midterm, has died at age 92.
- Baltimore police: Man arrested near scene of recent riots Updated: May-04-15 9:13 pm
BALTIMORE - Days after riots crippled Baltimore, tensions again escalated Monday after police said they arrested a man who appeared to be armed. The arrest drew a crowd of protesters who chanted, "Black community, control the police!"
- Former President Jimmy Carter: Gaza situation 'intolerable' Updated: May-02-15 2:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter said Saturday that eight months after a bloody war in the Gaza Strip the situation there remains "intolerable."