- 7.3 million visited Ga. national parks in 2012 Updated: Mar-04-14 4:08 am
- Ex-President Carter planning trip to Venezuela Updated: Feb-25-14 8:10 pm
- Medicaid expansion bill opens new political attack Updated: Feb-22-14 11:10 am
- Austin's LBJ library hosts civil rights summit Updated: Feb-17-14 12:43 pm
- Ga. GOP wants vote to deter Medicaid expansion Updated: Feb-13-14 6:17 pm
- Former VP Mondale undergoes heart surgery Updated: Feb-12-14 6:20 pm
- Panama rallies behind engineer in fight over canal Updated: Feb-11-14 1:48 pm
- Republicans debate mini-bailouts for hospitals Updated: Feb-09-14 11:35 am
- Dignitaries, family bid farewell to Joan Mondale Updated: Feb-08-14 4:44 pm
- 2 Mondale sons to do readings at mom's service Updated: Feb-07-14 3:07 pm
- Deal, Carter report fundraising totals for January Updated: Feb-07-14 3:02 pm
- President Carter to open new play on 'Camp David' Updated: Feb-06-14 2:36 pm
- Sochi Games hold echoes of 1980 Moscow Olympics Updated: Feb-06-14 9:24 am
ATLANTA - National Park Service officials say the more than 7.3 million people visited Georgia's national parks in 2012, and the tourism generated an economic benefit of more than $343 million.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter is expressing concern about Venezuela's escalating political crisis and wants to meet with leaders on both sides in an upcoming trip.
ATLANTA - More than half of this year's legislative session was already over when the House leadership filed a bill with little fanfare but big political ramifications.
AUSTIN, Texas - The LBJ Presidential Library announced Monday it's hosting a major civil rights summit featuring at least two former presidents and marking the 50th anniversary of Lyndon B. Johnson signing the Civil Rights Act.
ATLANTA - Republican leaders are trying to add another barrier to the Democratic health insurance overhaul by requiring that the GOP-dominated Legislature get the final say on whether to allow more uninsured people to get coverage from the government.
MINNEAPOLIS - Former Vice President Walter Mondale underwent heart surgery Wednesday, his family announced.
PANAMA CITY - He has the weight of Panama's pride and a good chunk of global commerce on his shoulders.
ATLANTA - Republican governors scored easy political points by rejecting President Barack Obama's plan to enroll more poor people in government health insurance.
MINNEAPOLIS - Political dignitaries joined family members at Saturday's memorial service for Joan Mondale, the wife of a former vice president who was remembered as "a highly charged battery of positive energy" for her passion and persistence about arts, politics and community.
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal's re-election campaign is reporting $322,000 in contributions for the first two weeks of the year, while Democrat Jason Carter received just over $149,000 during the same period.
WASHINGTON - President Jimmy Carter and his wife, Rosalynn, plan to join the premiere of the new play "Camp David" by Lawrence Wright that opens in April in Washington.
SOCHI, Russia - In the summer of 1980, a group of journalists asked a Soviet official what the Soviet Union had contributed to building of Moscow's new West German-constructed Sheremetyevo Airport, which would deliver visitors to the Summer Olympics.