- Baltimore police: Man arrested near scene of recent riots Updated: May-04-15 9:13 pm
BALTIMORE - Days after riots crippled Baltimore, tensions again escalated Monday after police said they arrested a man who appeared to be armed. The arrest drew a crowd of protesters who chanted, "Black community, control the police!"
- Former President Jimmy Carter: Gaza situation 'intolerable' Updated: May-02-15 2:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter said Saturday that eight months after a bloody war in the Gaza Strip the situation there remains "intolerable."
- Party: Paul Tipps, ex-Ohio Democratic chairman, dies at 78 Updated: Apr-21-15 4:53 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Paul Tipps, who presided over the Ohio Democratic Party during one of its most successful runs, died Tuesday, the party announced.
- From poor immigrant to Arizona's 1st Hispanic governor Updated: Apr-10-15 7:47 pm
PHOENIX - Raul Hector Castro first noticed discrimination on his way to school in a dusty Arizona border town.
- Arizona's 1st Hispanic governor, also a US ambassador, dies Updated: Apr-10-15 5:24 pm
PHOENIX - Raul Hector Castro, Arizona's only Hispanic governor and an American ambassador to three countries, died Friday. He was 98.
- Fewer White House state dinner invites under Obama Updated: Apr-08-15 3:21 am
WASHINGTON - An invitation to a White House state dinner has always been one of Washington's most sought-after tickets. There's the elegant setting, VIP guests in tuxedos and designer gowns and a four-course meal served up by America's most famous kitchen.
- Safety of some vans questioned in wake of Florida crash Updated: Apr-04-15 10:28 am
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Federal transportation officials are investigating a crash that killed eight members of a Florida church who were riding in a type of van that has raised safety alarms for many years.