- Former South Korean President Kim Young-sam dies at age 87 Updated: Nov-21-15 2:27 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Former President Kim Young-sam, who formally ended decades of military rule in South Korea and accepted a massive international bailout during the 1997-1998 Asian financial crisis, died Sunday. He was 87.
- Analysis: Arkansas has mixed history on welcoming refugees Updated: Nov-21-15 12:52 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Gov. Asa Hutchinson's opposition to locating any Syrian refugees in Arkansas is the latest chapter in the state's mixed history on welcoming those who have been displaced by war, natural disaster and other upheavals.
- Memphis Habitat gets $1M grant for Jimmy Carter work project Updated: Nov-20-15 3:01 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A Tennessee agency is providing a $1 million matching grant to help Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis take full advantage of President Jimmy Carter's participation in a week of home-building and repair in Uptown Memphis.
- Timeline of key dates in Cuba-US relations Updated: Nov-19-15 3:30 am
Key events in U.S.-Cuba relations:
- Superstars in Liberia now sing for peace in Philadelphia Updated: Nov-18-15 11:38 am
PHILADELPHIA - During 14 years of civil war in Liberia, more than 700,000 residents fled the country. One of the nation's most popular singers, Tokay Tomah, went in the opposite direction.
- 35 years ago, 'Dallas' fans found out who shot J.R. Ewing Updated: Nov-18-15 10:18 am
NEW YORK - Thirty-five years ago this Saturday, viewers learned the truth.
- New director appointed at Jimmy Carter Presidential Library Updated: Nov-16-15 11:18 am
ATLANTA - Meredith Evans has been named the new director of the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum.
- Helmut Schmidt dies at 96, ex-chancellor and elder statesman Updated: Nov-11-15 12:36 am
BERLIN - Helmut Schmidt was blunt and down to earth, decisive and brimming with self-confidence.
- Former West German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt dies at age 96 Updated: Nov-10-15 7:39 pm
BERLIN - Helmut Schmidt, the chancellor who guided West Germany through economic turbulence and Cold War tensions, stood firm against a wave of homegrown terrorism and became a respected elder statesman, died Tuesday. He was 96.
- Appeals court delivers setback to Obama's immigration plan Updated: Nov-10-15 8:52 am
NEW ORLEANS - A federal appeals court has ruled against President Barack Obama's plan to protect an estimated 5 million people living in the United States illegally from deportation.
- Carter watches from afar as his center monitors Myanmar vote Updated: Nov-07-15 1:38 am
YANGON, Myanmar - Afflicted by cancer, former President Jimmy Carter won't be present for Myanmar's watershed election Sunday. But the center he founded will be there - monitoring a vote in a crisis-ridden corner of the world for the 101st time to ensure polling is free and credible.
- Actor-politician Fred Thompson remembered for wit, sincerity Updated: Nov-06-15 4:29 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Former U.S. senator and actor Fred Thompson was remembered Friday for his booming voice, sense of humor and sincerity.
- Myanmar election elicits global interest, concerns Updated: Nov-06-15 4:31 am
YANGON, Myanmar - Myanmar's general election on Sunday has generated wide international attention, and concerns about fairness. A look at what some international organizations and governments are saying:
- 4 living ex-presidents join Eisenhower Memorial Commission Updated: Nov-03-15 6:06 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The four, living ex-U.S. presidents are all now on a committee working to commemorate President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Jimmy Carter says he feels fine, keeps busy despite cancer Updated: Nov-02-15 11:04 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Jimmy Carter resumed his role as Habitat for Humanity's most prominent booster on Monday, donning a white hard hat and a worn leather belt stocked with his own tools to hammer and saw with other volunteers building a home in Memphis, Tennessee.
- President Carter, Justin Timberlake honor Trisha Yearwood Updated: Nov-02-15 9:40 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Former President Jimmy Carter and pop star and actor Justin Timberlake have honored one of country music's leading ladies, Trisha Yearwood, as the voice of a generation of music fans.
- New emails show breadth of Hillary Clinton's network Updated: Oct-30-15 9:03 pm
WASHINGTON - A new batch of Hillary Rodham Clinton's emails released Friday presented a glimpse into the breadth of her personal network - a Rolodex of powerful celebrities, CEOs, political advisers and politicians that she's now tapping for her presidential campaign.
- Former President Carter joins Eisenhower Memorial panel Updated: Oct-28-15 12:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Former President Jimmy Carter is joining the advisory committee of the Eisenhower Memorial.
- Canada envoy who hid Americans during hostage crisis honored Updated: Oct-27-15 6:52 pm
TORONTO - Canadian Prime Minister-designate Justin Trudeau, former Prime Minister Joe Clark and the U.S. ambassador attended the funeral of Canada's former ambassador to Iran who sheltered American diplomats at his residence during the 1979-80 hostage crisis.