- GOP pans Obama's $3.9T budget as campaign warm-up Updated: Mar-05-14 4:37 pm
- Murray concerned about Hanford budget Updated: Mar-04-14 2:34 pm
- Wash. senators praise EPA move on Pebble mine Updated: Feb-28-14 3:56 pm
- Debts, deficits - once a focus - fade from agenda Updated: Feb-21-14 2:51 pm
- Murray, DelBene bring $10.10 wage fight to Seattle Updated: Feb-19-14 12:47 am
- Cruz's demand ensnares GOP leaders on debt vote Updated: Feb-12-14 6:00 pm
- Congress clears bill ending military pension cuts Updated: Feb-12-14 4:43 pm
- Sen. Patty Murray to seek fifth term in 2016 Updated: Feb-10-14 1:41 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans are dismissing President Barack Obama's new $3.9 trillion budget as nothing more than a Democratic manifesto for this fall's congressional campaigns, but the fiscal plan is taking hits from another quarter too - anti-deficit groups.
RICHLAND, Washington - U.S. Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., is concerned about the Obama administration's proposed budget for the Hanford Nuclear Reservation.
SEATTLE - Washington's U.S. senators are praising a decision by the Environmental Protection Agency for starting a process that could potentially restrict the development of proposed gold-and-copper mine in southwest Alaska.
WASHINGTON - Just four years ago, deficits and debt were an explosive political combination, propelling Republicans to control of the House and fueling the budget fights that would ensue over the next three years.
SEATTLE - U.S. Sen. Patty Murray and Rep. Suzan DelBene on Tuesday brought their fight to raise the national minimum wage to $10.10 an hour to Seattle, where advocates want to raise it $5 higher.
WASHINGTON - Texas Sen. Ted Cruz sat with eyes glued to his mobile device as the chaos he provoked ensnared his Republican leaders on the Senate floor.
WASHINGTON - Congress voted Wednesday to restore full cost-of-living pension increases for younger military retirees, completing a bipartisan capitulation to veterans groups that rose up against a modest cut when it was enacted less than two months ago.
SEATTLE - U.S. Sen. Patty Murray, 63, plans to seek a fifth six-year term in 2016.