- Murray, mom in tennis shoes in '92, stands her ground Updated: Apr-27-15 1:08 pm
WASHINGTON - There's a disturbance in the force of the tradition-bound Senate and her name is Patty Murray.
- Boehner: OK to swap agency budget boosts for other cuts Updated: Apr-23-15 5:00 pm
WASHINGTON - House Speaker John Boehner said Thursday that he'd welcome a bipartisan move to replace budget cuts to domestic agencies and the Pentagon with cuts elsewhere in the government's almost $4 trillion budget.
- Anti-human trafficking bill passes Senate Updated: Apr-22-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate unanimously passed legislation Wednesday to help the victims of human trafficking, ending a tortuous partisan standoff over abortion that also delayed confirmation of President Barack Obama's attorney general nominee.
- 5 things to know about Congress' return from a 2-week break Updated: Apr-13-15 10:03 am
WASHINGTON - Congress reconvenes Monday after a two-week recess, and plunges immediately into a fierce debate over how to control Iran's nuclear program. Lawmakers also will decide whether to confirm a new attorney general and whether to stabilize payments for Medicare treatments.
- Agreement on new US education law would aid Washington state Updated: Apr-07-15 3:56 pm
SEATTLE - Washington state would regain flexibility to judge its own public-school performance under a bipartisan agreement announced Tuesday to fix the federal No Child Left Behind education law.