- Straily turns in quality start but Reds lose to Pirates 4-1 Updated: Apr-29-16 11:28 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Cincinnati Reds got a quality start, which was a welcome sight for a team with one of the worst pitching staffs in baseball. They still couldn't take advantage of it.
- Nicasio goes 7 scoreless innings as Pirates beat Reds 4-1 Updated: Apr-29-16 10:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - Juan Nicasio struck out eight in seven scoreless innings, Josh Harrison hit his first home run in nearly a year and Matt Joyce connected as a pinch-hitter to lead the Pirates to a 4-1 victory over the Cincinnati Reds on Friday night, extending Pittsburgh's winning streak to five games.
- Under Clint Hurdle's new plan, Pirates hitting .294 in April Updated: Apr-28-16 5:06 pm
DENVER - Pirates manager Clint Hurdle has found a winning formula - regular rest for his players combined with a few other ingredients.
- Story's pursuit of rookie homer record for April on hold Updated: Apr-28-16 3:57 pm
DENVER - One less game in April for Trevor Story. One less opportunity to match - maybe even break - a rookie homer record for the month.
- Rockies rally, lose to Pirates 9-8 in 12 innings Updated: Apr-28-16 3:30 am
DENVER - For the second time in four days, the Colorado Rockies roared back from a big deficit only to lose late.
- Mercer's double in 12th lifts Pirates over Rockies 9-8 Updated: Apr-28-16 2:45 am
DENVER - Jordy Mercer's defense helped get the game to extra innings and his offense put Pittsburgh over the top.
- McCutchen homers, Pirates pound 17 hits, beat Brewers 9-3 Updated: Apr-17-16 6:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - One bad inning wasn't enough to undo an otherwise impressive outing by Juan Nicasio.
- Upton's 4 hits, long homer lead Tigers over Pirates 8-2 Updated: Apr-12-16 8:15 pm
DETROIT - When new Tigers general manager Al Avila signed Justin Upton during the offseason to play left field and hit second, he had performances like Tuesday afternoon's in mind.
- Polanco doubles twice as Pirates beat Tigers, Verlander Updated: Apr-12-16 1:15 am
DETROIT - Justin Verlander has never been a big fan of April.
- Nicascio helps Pirates beat Cardinals 5-1 for 3-game sweep Updated: Apr-06-16 11:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - Juan Nicasio had such an outstanding spring that he found no reason to make any changes in his first regular-season start.
- Pirates looking for better start in 2016 Updated: Apr-01-16 3:46 pm
PITTSBURGH - The summers have not been the problem for the Pittsburgh Pirates under Clint Hurdle. When the temperature rises, so do the fortunes of his team, which reached the postseason in three consecutive years for only the third time in the franchise's 134-year history.