- GOP plans for reacting to Supreme Court ruling on health law Updated: Apr-30-15 3:40 am
Congressional Republicans have yet to unite behind any of the growing number of proposals for responding to a Supreme Court ruling that could void federal subsidies that millions of people use to buy coverage under President Barack Obama's health care law. The decision is expected by June.
- Obama's trade agenda draws GOP support in House Updated: Apr-23-15 8:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Legislation to strengthen President Barack Obama's hand for a new round of trade deals advanced Thursday in the House courtesy of Republicans and over the protests of Democrats, a political role reversal that portends a bruising struggle over passage later this spring.
- Loretta Lynch wins confirmation as attorney general Updated: Apr-23-15 6:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Loretta Lynch won confirmation as the nation's first black female attorney general Thursday from a Senate that forced her to wait more than five months for the title and remained divided to the end.
- Obama, lawmakers mingle to mark rare bipartisan breakthrough Updated: Apr-21-15 7:42 pm
WASHINGTON - House Speaker John Boehner pecked Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi on the cheek. House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy conferred amiably with Treasury Secretary Jack Lew. Republicans and White House officials slapped each other on the back.
- Harry Reid helps former senator join Mormon church Updated: Apr-20-15 5:29 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada has helped a former U.S. Senate colleague become a Mormon.
- Correction: Obama Surprise story Updated: Apr-20-15 2:07 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - In a story April 8 about a Utah man's meeting with President Barack Obama, The Associated Press reported erroneously the name of the company the man works for. The company's name is Vivint Solar, not Vivant Solar.
- Ex-Gov. Norman Bangerter's life remembered at service Updated: Apr-18-15 8:42 pm
WEST JORDAN, Utah - Former Gov. Norman Bangerter was remembered as much for his private life as his public service during a funeral service Saturday.
- Obama defends pursuit of sweeping trade pact Updated: Apr-17-15 5:11 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Friday defended his pursuit of a sweeping trade pact as good for American workers in a global economy, dismissing fierce opposition from his own party as a "ratification of the status quo."
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in first months in Congress Updated: Apr-17-15 5:02 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Republican U.S. Rep. Mia Love raised more than $440,000 in her first three months in Congress, according to the newest batch of fundraising reports filed by Utah's congressional delegation with the Federal Election Commission.