- Oshie has hat trick, Capitals beat Penguins 4-3 in overtime Updated: Apr-29-16 12:44 am
WASHINGTON - T.J. Oshie raised his arms in celebration and looked at referee Dan O'Rourke. Oshie was pretty sure he scored in overtime to complete a hat trick and one of the biggest games of his career.
- New faces making instant impact during Penguins' surge Updated: Apr-24-16 3:49 pm
PITTSBURGH - Sidney Crosby danced through the neutral zone, slipped across the New York Rangers' blue line and waited for help. It arrived in the form of a blurring No. 43 black-and-gold jersey, the one worn by a player whose speed and relentlessness propelled him from prospect to unlikely catalyst for a Stanley Cup contender in all of five months.
- Penguins close out Rangers 5 games with 6-3 rout Updated: Apr-23-16 7:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - The end of two springs' worth of playoff angst for the Pittsburgh Penguins came suddenly, crammed into 14 minutes of pure exhilaration, one highlight-reel sequence piled atop another.
- High-profile injuries around NHL muddle playoff landscape Updated: Apr-12-16 5:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The defending Eastern Conference Tampa Bay Lightning are a lot more uneasy going into the playoffs than they were a year ago. Not having Steven Stamkos and Anton Stralman can do that.
- Surging Penguins complete turnaround in time for playoffs Updated: Apr-11-16 5:55 pm
PITTSBURGH - Matt Cullen can't quite find the right words to describe it. Maybe because the seemingly ageless Pittsburgh Penguins center has never experienced a season quite like this in a career that spans eight cities and nearly two decades.
- Penguins rolling without Malkin as Cullen steps it up Updated: Apr-08-16 4:02 pm
WASHINGTON - Do the Pittsburgh Penguins need Evgeni Malkin if they have Matt Cullen?
- Murray, Crosby spearhead Penguins' rout of Islanders Updated: Apr-02-16 5:11 pm
NEW YORK - Penguins coach Mike Sullivan recognizes what an achievement it is to get into the postseason.