- With baseball's 2nd-worst record, a lost season for Marlins Updated: Jul-31-15 2:39 am
MIAMI - Ace right-hander Jose Fernandez is unbeaten and perhaps stronger than ever after recovering from elbow surgery. Giancarlo Stanton remains one of baseball's top power hitters. Dee Gordon is among the game's leaders in batting average and stolen bases. Adeiny Hechavarria has become an All-Star shortstop.
- Marlins lose to Nationals 1-0, then trade Morse and Latos Updated: Jul-30-15 7:51 pm
MIAMI - Michael Morse swung and missed, ending the game and his time with the Miami Marlins.
- Scherzer, Papelbon lift Nationals past Marlins 1-0 Updated: Jul-30-15 7:50 pm
MIAMI - Jonathan Papelbon's debut with the Washington Nationals was just as they envisioned.
- Birthday bash: Alex Rodriguez homers on 40th birthday Updated: Jul-27-15 10:24 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Alex Rodriguez is hitting home runs in his 40s, just like he did as a teenager.
- Upton's HR, Despaigne's pitching help Padres beat Marlins Updated: Jul-26-15 8:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - The way things were going, it seemed the Padres would likely be sellers as the trade deadline approaches. That was before they won five of eight on homestead that might change the front office's thinking.
- Diamondbacks lose 5-3 to Miami after Peralta stuck by pitch Updated: Jul-23-15 2:19 am
PHOENIX - David Peralta saw the pitch heading toward his head and moved just enough to get hit on the right shoulder first.
- Fernandez's 11 Ks lead Marlins to 5-3 win over Dbacks Updated: Jul-23-15 2:10 am
PHOENIX - Jose Fernandez mixed his pitches well, putting together a strong fourth start since returning from Tommy John surgery.
- Francoeur's 2-run HR in 9th lifts Phillies past Marlins Updated: Jul-19-15 6:49 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Cole Hamels may have hurt his trade value with another poor outing, but the Phillies still managed to get a win thanks to Jeff Francoeur.
- Hunter's leadership has lifted Twins, and so have his homers Updated: Jul-17-15 2:11 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Torii Hunter turns 40 this weekend. He's been bracing for trouble.
- Marlins' sloppy play leads to 6-3 loss to Red Sox Updated: Jul-08-15 11:21 pm
BOSTON - Miami pitchers' control problems came on the throw to first.
- Porcello ends 7-game skid; Red Sox beat Marlins 6-3 Updated: Jul-08-15 11:06 pm
BOSTON - Rick Porcello could finally feel good about a start.