- Obama on protests: 'There are consequences to indifference' Updated: May-04-15 11:41 pm
NEW YORK - In a deeply personal response to outbreaks of racially motivated protests, President Barack Obama on Monday blamed a lack of opportunity in minority communities and harsher treatment of black and Hispanic men by police for fueling a sense of "unfairness and powerlessness."
- Senate panel advances bill to overhaul chemical regulation Updated: Apr-28-15 2:58 pm
WASHINGTON - A bipartisan bill to update regulation of harmful chemicals for the first time in nearly 40 years won approval from a Senate committee Tuesday, moving it closer to a vote in the full Senate.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Dems push higher pay for Senate workers Updated: Apr-28-15 1:47 am
WASHINGTON - Reports about a Senate cafeteria worker who makes so little money he is homeless are prompting calls for change from Democrats on Capitol Hill.
- Woodbridge, Manville get money for flood buyouts Updated: Apr-21-15 6:59 am
WOODBRIDGE, New Jersey - Two New Jersey towns will share $7.5 million in federal grants to fund the acquisition and demolition of homes in flood-prone areas.
- John Legend launches campaign to end mass incarceration Updated: Apr-13-15 8:38 am
NEW YORK - John Legend has launched a campaign to end mass incarceration.