- Dispute erupts over school reform in Newark, NJ Updated: Mar-08-14 1:01 pm
- NJ senators ask for FEMA extension Updated: Mar-06-14 2:55 pm
- US Rep. Holt, D-NJ, says he won't seek re-election Updated: Feb-18-14 6:04 pm
- North NJ mayor's funeral planned for Monday Updated: Feb-16-14 3:50 pm
- NJ cities, towns seek federal storm aid Updated: Feb-14-14 4:30 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - More than three years after Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg committed $100 million toward remaking Newark's struggling schools, the district is engulfed in a dispute over proposed large-scale teacher layoffs that's threatening to derail wider reform efforts.
Democratic U.S. Rep. Rush Holt announced Tuesday that he will not seek re-election in November and will retire from Congress when his term ends next year, meaning New Jersey will have at least three new members of the House come January.
HARRISON, New Jersey - Funeral services will be held Monday for the longtime mayor of a northern New Jersey town who died after collapsing in his town hall office.
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's League of Municipalities says the severe winter is sapping the budgets of towns and cities, and it hopes the federal government can help.