- Rossi and Cassano included for Italy fitness tests Updated: Apr-11-14 7:11 pm
- Rossi included for Italy fitness tests Updated: Apr-11-14 7:09 pm
- Italy switches focus to attacking under Prandelli Updated: Apr-09-14 5:28 am
- Prandelli puts emphasis on moral values Updated: Apr-09-14 5:28 am
- 5 Italy players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:27 am
ROME - Giuseppe Rossi and Antonio Cassano were called up for World Cup fitness tests Friday by Italy coach Cesare Prandelli, while in-form forward Mattia Destro was left out while serving a three-match ban in Serie A.
ROME - Giuseppe Rossi was selected Friday for pre-World Cup fitness tests by Italian national team coach Cesare Prandelli.
ROME - There was the Mario Balotelli-inspired 2-1 win over Germany in the 2012 European Championship semifinals. And long stretches of dominance over Spain in last year's Confederations Cup semifinals - even though Spain eventually won in a penalty shootout.
ROME - Cesare Prandelli's recent contract extension as Italy coach is a testament to his team philosophy, moral values and winning tactics.
ROME - When Italy won the 2006 World Cup, then-coach Marcello Lippi pointed to the group collective as his squad's strongpoint - and the fact that each forward scored at least one goal over the seven matches attested to that theory.