- Senate OKs bill letting landlords ban medical pot Updated: Mar-04-14 7:08 pm
- Michigan defends its defense of gay-marriage ban Updated: Feb-25-14 4:54 pm
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: Feb-24-14 9:09 am
- Snyder asks judge to uphold same-sex benefits ban Updated: Feb-17-14 2:17 pm
- House Dems want independent probe of prison escape Updated: Feb-10-14 5:32 pm
- Mich. attorney general to lead prison escape probe Updated: Feb-07-14 10:11 am
LANSING, Michigan - Landlords would have greater authority to ban tenants from smoking or growing medical marijuana under a bill that passed the state Senate on Tuesday.
DETROIT - A spokeswoman for Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette says his office is performing its duty by defending the state's ban on gay marriage.
Lansing State Journal. Feb. 17
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder wants a federal judge to continue Michigan's ban on domestic partner benefits for same-sex couples who work for state and local governments.
LANSING, Michigan - Democratic lawmakers are demanding an independent investigation into a murderer's escape from a Michigan prison.
LANSING, Michigan - The office of Michigan's attorney general plans to lead an investigation into the daring escape of a convicted killer who was captured a day later in Indiana.