- Afghan ties with Pakistan sour as Taliban gain strength Updated: Aug-21-15 4:29 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - One of the world's testier strategic relationships is deteriorating by the day as Afghanistan accuses Pakistan of meddling in its affairs and prolonging a 14-year war by aiding Taliban militants in a cynical quest for influence.
- Indian authorities detain, then release Kashmiri separatists Updated: Aug-20-15 7:34 am
SRINAGAR, India - Indian authorities detained and later released two key Kashmiri separatist leaders Thursday ahead of talks between Indian and Pakistani security advisers, while a third remained under house arrest.
- Afghan officials in Pakistan to discuss peace efforts Updated: Aug-13-15 12:56 pm
ISLAMABAD - A high-level Afghan delegation arrived in Pakistan on Thursday to discuss security cooperation and peace efforts after Afghanistan's president said Pakistan was involved in a spate of devastating Taliban attacks that rocked Kabul last week, killing dozens of people.
- Iran FM discusses gas pipeline project on Pakistan visit Updated: Aug-13-15 8:19 am
ISLAMABAD - The Iranian foreign minister says he has discussed the possibility of resuming work on a stalled Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline during a visit to Islamabad.
- Pakistan official hopes Kabul-Taliban talks to resume soon Updated: Aug-05-15 6:31 am
ISLAMABAD - A close aide of Pakistan's prime minster says he is optimistic the stalled peace talks between Kabul and the Taliban will resume soon in the interest of peace in Afghanistan.