- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of Music' Updated: Dec-06-13 10:52 am
- Sondheim himself sings in HBO's 'Six by Sondheim' Updated: Dec-06-13 9:01 am
- 'Sound of Music' airtime nears! Anybody nervous? Updated: Nov-26-13 11:04 am
- Show's stars recall their first 'Sound of Music' Updated: Nov-26-13 10:51 am
- Richard Tucker centennial marked at NY concert Updated: Nov-18-13 2:47 am
- Cast of 'Porgy and Bess' excited for national tour Updated: Nov-09-13 4:40 pm
NEW YORK - Whew, that was nerve-wracking, right? All those kids and staircases, pillow fights, candles and dancing. But somehow the cast and crew of NBC's three-hour live telecast of "The Sound of Music" pulled it off Thursday night with only a trodden-on dress, some inconsistent sound levels and a flubbed few words.
NEW YORK - At age 9, America Ferrera came across a videotape that changed her life.
NEW YORK - How do you solve a problem like preparing a classic Broadway musical for live TV?
NEW YORK - The 1965 film version of "The Sound of Music," with Julie Andrews in the starring role, won five Oscars, including best picture.
NEW YORK - The centennial of the birth of the Brooklyn-born Richard Tucker, one of America's greatest singers, is being celebrated at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts Sunday evening.
NEW YORK - Nathaniel Stampley ached to make the role of Porgy his own in the celebrated 2012 Broadway revival of "Porgy and Bess." Instead, he kept dying.