- List of nominees for 71st Golden Globe Awards Updated: Dec-12-13 10:31 am
- '12 Years a Slave' tops SAG Awards with 4 noms Updated: Dec-11-13 4:38 pm
- Celeb birthdays for the week of Dec. 15-21 Updated: Dec-09-13 1:26 pm
- 'Philomena' explores friendship, family, faith Updated: Nov-21-13 12:46 pm
- Nuanced, intelligent Dench makes 'Philomena' work Updated: Nov-20-13 4:23 pm
- Motion picture group defends movie ratings system Updated: Nov-13-13 5:28 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Nominees for the 71st annual Golden Globe Awards, announced Thursday in Beverly Hills, California, by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association:
LOS ANGELES - Steve McQueen's historic saga "12 Years a Slave" topped the nominations list for the 20th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards Wednesday, cementing it as a solid Academy Awards prospect with four nominations.
Dec. 15: Actor-comedian Tim Conway is 80. Singer Cindy Birdsong of The Supremes is 74. Drummer Dave Clark of the Dave Clark Five is 71. Drummer Carmine Appice of Vanilla Fudge is 67. Actor Don Johnson is 64. Actor Justin Ross is 59. Bassist Paul Simonon of The Clash is 58. Country singer Doug Phelps (The Kentucky Headhunters, Brothers Phelps) is 53. Actress Helen Slater is 50. Actor Michael Shanks ("Stargate SG-1") is 43. Actor Stuart Townsend ("Queen of the Damned") is 41. Actor Adam Brody ("The O.C.") is 34. Actress Michelle Dockery ("Downton Abbey") is 32. Actor George O. Gore II ("My Wife and Kids") is 31.
Ask any good chef: why do some recipes work, while others, with the very same ingredients, do not? Ah, but it's the QUALITY of the ingredients that matters, that chef will probably say.
NEW YORK - Under increasing pressure over its threshold for violence in PG-13 films, the Motion Picture Association of America defended its often-criticized rating system on Wednesday.