- Jude Law, Judi Dench up for Olivier theater awards Updated: Mar-10-14 9:49 am
- UK hails Oscar success as sign of surging industry Updated: Mar-03-14 8:02 am
- Cate Blanchett wins Oscar for best actress Updated: Mar-02-14 11:50 pm
- Oscar predictions: What will win and should win Updated: Feb-26-14 1:22 pm
- '12 Years a Slave' named best film at UK awards Updated: Feb-16-14 9:10 pm
LONDON - Screen stars Jude Law, Tom Hiddleston and Judi Dench saw their stage work rewarded Monday with nominations for Britain's Laurence Olivier theater awards.
LONDON - The big winners on Oscar night may have been set in the 19th-century American South and outer space, but for many people across the Atlantic, this year's Academy Awards belonged to Britain.
LOS ANGELES - Cate Blanchett has won the Academy Award for best actress for her bravura performance as a fragile socialite experiencing a meltdown in Woody Allen's "Blue Jasmine."
A seemingly endless movie awards season finally concludes Sunday with the Academy Awards. By now, many of the front-runners have established themselves, but the night's big honor - best picture - remains a dramatic question mark.
LONDON - The force of "Gravity" was strong at the British Academy Film Awards on Sunday - but it was unflinching drama "12 Years a Slave" that took the top prize.