- Red Sox ride hot bats to hand Yankees 4th straight loss, 8-0 Updated: Apr-30-16 11:23 pm
- Betances gives up 2-run HR to Big Papi Updated: Apr-29-16 11:43 pm
BOSTON - Dellin Betances was outsmarted by David Ortiz.
- Texas struggling offensively, avoid no-hitter in 3-1 loss Updated: Apr-26-16 12:29 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - The hits just aren't coming for the Texas Rangers, who for a while Monday looked like they might not get any at all.
- A-Rod not in Yankees lineup but feels good after early exit Updated: Apr-25-16 6:52 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Alex Rodriguez says he feels good a day after coming out of a game because of stiffness in his left side.
- Souza homers twice on birthday, Rays rout Yankees 8-1 Updated: Apr-24-16 6:58 pm
NEW YORK - Steven Souza Jr. celebrated his 27th birthday in style. Drew Smyly was the guy getting all the gifts.
- Yanks RHP Pinder has partial elbow tear; Hicks sent for MRI Updated: Apr-23-16 1:42 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees reliever Branden Pinder has a partial ligament tear in his right elbow and must decide whether to have Tommy John surgery.
- Davis, Crisp homer to back Hill as A's beat Yankees 7-3 Updated: Apr-22-16 12:11 am
NEW YORK - Playing on the road is really starting to suit manager Bob Melvin and the Oakland Athletics.
- Miller, Betances form Bronx Strikeout Machine before Chapman Updated: Apr-21-16 9:36 am
NEW YORK - Dellin Betances and Andrew Miller send batter after batter muttering on the way back to the dugout.
- Ellsbury sits vs lefty after string of defensive mistakes Updated: Apr-19-16 7:20 pm
NEW YORK - Jacoby Ellsbury was out of the Yankees' starting lineup against Oakland on Tuesday night after four defensive mistakes during the first two weeks of the season and with New York facing left-hander Eric Surkamp.
- A-Rod homers after lineup shuffle to end 0-for-19 skid Updated: Apr-17-16 2:17 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez homered on the first pitch he saw Sunday, ending his hitless skid immediately after he was dropped three spots to sixth in the New York Yankees' batting order.
- Donaldson, Tulowitzki homer as Blue Jays beat Yankees 4-2 Updated: Apr-14-16 10:49 pm
TORONTO - Marcus Stroman's heavy sinker and Josh Donaldson's big bat helped the Toronto Blue Jays beat a division rival for their first series victory of the season.
- Major leaguers trying to figure out proper slide into 2nd Updated: Apr-09-16 6:01 pm
Something that used to be second nature in baseball - sliding hard into second base to prevent a double play - is deciding games and giving major leaguers fits a week into the season. From the AL to the NL, runners making that 90-foot dash are wondering: What's acceptable anymore?
- Yankees win in Sabathia's return, 8-4 over Tigers Updated: Apr-09-16 5:53 pm
DETROIT - CC Sabathia was grateful to be back on the mound in a regular-season game - even if it meant having to pitch in subfreezing temperatures.
- Teixeira hits go-ahead HR, Yankees take 2 of 3 from Astros Updated: Apr-07-16 8:55 pm
NEW YORK - Mark Teixeira already has found a home at Yankee Stadium. Starlin Castro seems to be settling in quite well, too.
- Yankees decline to file protest with MLB over disputed call Updated: Apr-06-16 7:00 pm
- Yankees pitcher Bryan Mitchell sidelined at least 4 months Updated: Apr-05-16 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Yankees pitcher Bryan Mitchell will be sidelined at least four months following surgery to repair a broken bone in his left big toe.
- Astros-Yankees opener rained out, pushed back to Tuesday Updated: Apr-04-16 12:28 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees Joe Girardi walked into his office Monday and looked at his notes.
- Sabathia allows 1 run in minor league start Updated: Apr-03-16 1:33 pm
TAMPA, Florida - New York Yankees fifth starter CC Sabathia allowed one run and seven hits over 5 1/3 innings in a minor league intrasquad game.
- Stanton drive in 2, Marlins win; Miller pitches for Yankees Updated: Apr-02-16 5:00 pm
MIAMI - Giancarlo Stanton drove in two runs and Miami beat the New York Yankees 2-1 Saturday at Marlins Park in the final spring training game for both clubs.
- 100 years later, jersey numbers part of players' identities Updated: Apr-02-16 2:17 am
When Marcus Stroman takes the mound for the Toronto Blue Jays, he stands out in a way that might not be obvious to the untrained eye.
- Tanaka to start Yankees' opener; no decision on 5th starter Updated: Mar-31-16 8:26 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Masahiro Tanaka will be the New York Yankees' opening day starter Monday against the Houston Astros, manager Joe Girardi said Thursday.
- Leake, Piscotty help Cardinals beat Yankees 9-1 Updated: Mar-31-16 5:23 pm