- Teixeira drives in 4 runs, Yankees beat Royals 5-1 Updated: May-26-15 10:49 pm
NEW YORK - Mark Teixeira failed to get in on the fun on Monday. He made up for it a night later.
- Managers support pitchers getting better grip on balls Updated: May-26-15 7:31 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees manager Joe Girardi thinks Major League Baseball should avoid the sticky situation of pitchers being caught using foreign substances to get better grips on the ball by providing the tacky stuff for them.
- Jacob Lindgren's Yankees arrival: 'Who are you?' Updated: May-25-15 1:17 am
NEW YORK - Jacob Lindgren took a taxi from his Manhattan hotel and arrived at Yankee Stadium about seven hours before game time Sunday.
- Jeter returns to Yankee Stadium as Williams' No. 51 retired Updated: May-25-15 1:09 am
NEW YORK - Bernie Williams stood in front of the pitcher's mound, flanked by Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte and Jorge Posada, all clothed in finely tailored suits rather than the pinstriped baseball uniforms in which they earned fame and fortune.
- With 10th loss in 11 games, Yankees back at .500 Updated: May-25-15 12:38 am
NEW YORK - Yankees' defeats of late have become too numerous for Brett Gardner to keep track.
- Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka set for next rehab start Updated: May-22-15 5:41 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka is set to make his next rehabilitation start Wednesday against Boston's Triple-A team.
- After Harper's ejection, Span lifts Nats past Yankees 3-2 Updated: May-20-15 11:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Bryce Harper is not known for hiding his thoughts, and so he certainly did not shy away from sharing what was on his mind after getting ejected from a game for the second time in seven days.
- Yankees CF Ellsbury, on DL, not sure extent of knee injury Updated: May-20-15 7:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Wearing a black brace on his sprained right knee, New York Yankees center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury said he has not been told how long he might be sidelined - and doesn't expect to know a prognosis until seeing a team doctor on Friday.
- A-Rod out of Yankees' lineup with no DH at Nationals Park Updated: May-19-15 7:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Alex Rodriguez was out of the Yankees' lineup against the Nationals because no designated hitter is used in games at NL ballparks.
- Marlins GM Dan Jennings becomes Miami's manager Updated: May-18-15 10:48 pm
MIAMI - Even the mother of the Miami Marlins' new manager is questioning the wisdom of the choice.
- Yankees pitcher Chase Whitley set for Tommy John surgery Updated: May-18-15 5:21 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees right-hander Chase Whitley will have Tommy John surgery on Tuesday and miss the rest of the season.
- Yankees pitcher Whitley goes on DL with sprained right elbow Updated: May-15-15 7:12 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The New York Yankees could be without Chase Whitley for the rest of the season after the right-hander went on the disabled list Friday with a sprained pitching elbow.
- Rene Rivera homers and drives in 4, Rays beat Yankees 6-1 Updated: May-14-15 11:11 pm
- Pineda strikes out 16, Yankees beat Orioles 6-2 Updated: May-10-15 6:15 pm
NEW YORK - Michael Pineda knew right after he threw his first slider he was going to have a great day. It took a few more innings before he realized how special this start was going to be.
- A-Rod passes Willie Mays for 4th on HR list with No. 661 Updated: May-08-15 12:18 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez passed Willie Mays for fourth place on the career homer list, connecting for No. 661 Thursday night an at-bat after he was robbed of the milestone drive by a leaping catch.
- Buehrle beats Yankees, Blue Jays win 5-1 Updated: May-06-15 11:00 pm
- Yankees sleep over in Boston before trip to Toronto Updated: May-04-15 9:14 pm
TORONTO - The New York Yankees decided to sleep over in Boston after sweeping the Red Sox and get some extra rest before crossing into Canada.
- Ellsbury has 4 hits, leads Yankees to 8-5 win over Red Sox Updated: May-04-15 1:12 am
BOSTON - Andrew Miller had a chance to seal the New York Yankees' sweep by retiring the bottom of the Red Sox order.
- A-Rod hits 660th homer, question of $6 million looms Updated: May-02-15 2:56 am
BOSTON - No. 660 is in the book. Will $6 million get in the bank?
- A-Rod 0 for 6 with 4 Ks as Yanks lose to Rays 3-2 in 13 Updated: Apr-29-15 9:33 pm
NEW YORK - One home run from tying Willie Mays for fourth place at 660, A-Rod was A-Worst.
- Latest on game with no fans: White Sox-Orioles make noise Updated: Apr-29-15 4:11 pm
BALTIMORE - 4:00 p.m.
- Yankees pitcher Tanaka out at least a month with tendinitis Updated: Apr-29-15 12:21 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka is going to be out at least a month because of tendinitis in his right wrist and a mild right forearm strain.
- Didi Gregorius hears Yankees' fan chants: for Derek Jeter Updated: Apr-28-15 10:21 pm
NEW YORK - When Yankees fans give Didi Gregorius a shout out, it is not necessarily positive.
- A-Rod hits No. 659, Yanks beat Mets 6-4 to win Subway Series Updated: Apr-27-15 12:50 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez is one big swing from matching Willie Mays. Whether the New York Yankees would celebrate that achievement - or pay for it, for that matter - remains to be seen.
- Yankees CF Jacoby Ellsbury sits out vs. Mets with sore hip Updated: Apr-26-15 7:42 pm