- Repole in Derby chase with Outwork, son of top sire Uncle Mo Updated: May-05-16 8:55 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Five years ago, Mike Repole was living the dream. He had already made his share of an estimated $4.1 billion fortune from the sale of the company that produced Vitaminwater, and now he had himself a Kentucky Derby favorite with a horse named Uncle Mo.
- Nyquist draws No. 13 post as early 3-1 Kentucky Derby fav Updated: May-04-16 6:53 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Doug O'Neill was all smiles after early 3-1 favorite Nyquist drew the No. 13 post for the 142nd Kentucky Derby.
- Derby Kids hit social media Updated: May-04-16 4:18 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The offspring of several Kentucky Derby trainers are hitting social media this week to provide inside dirt on their fathers' horses.
- 22 horses entered for Kentucky Derby; field limited to 20 Updated: May-04-16 12:30 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Twenty-two horses have been entered for Saturday's Kentucky Derby, two more than the maximum field of 20.
- Gun Runner, Mor Spirit and Creator get in final Derby work Updated: May-02-16 2:04 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A day after storms drenched Churchill Downs, Kentucky Derby horses Mor Spirit, Gun Runner and stablemate Creator enjoyed sunny skies and solid footing in their final workouts for racing's marquee event.
- Dream Team keeps it in Baffert family with Los Alamitos win Updated: May-01-16 9:32 pm
LOS ALAMITOS, California - Dream Team won the $48,691 feature by 3 1/4 lengths for trainer Bob Baffert on closing day of the 12-day spring meet at Los Alamitos on Sunday.
- Toews On Ice wins William Walker by 2 lengths at Churchill Updated: Apr-30-16 9:52 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Toews On Ice took command at the top of the stretch and went on to a two-length victory over Entertainer in the $100,000 William Walker for 3-year-olds on a rainy opening night of the spring meet at Churchill Downs on Saturday.
- AP Derby Top 10: Nyquist is so No. 1, California horses rule Updated: Apr-18-16 5:49 pm
Those California horses sure love the Kentucky Derby. And there's not a beach anywhere near Churchill Downs - only a winner's circle, a blanket of roses and a place in the history books.
- Cupid has breathing problem, won't run in Kentucky Derby Updated: Apr-18-16 3:16 pm
Triple Crown-winning trainer Bob Baffert says Cupid has a breathing problem and won't run in the Kentucky Derby.
- Creator pulls away to win $1 million Arkansas Derby Updated: Apr-16-16 9:51 pm
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Steve Asmussen wasn't completely sure what to expect from Arkansas Derby entrant Creator after a solid but not spectacular start to the 3-year-old's campaign.
- Collected wins Lexington Stakes at Keeneland Updated: Apr-16-16 9:12 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Bob Baffert-trained Collected won the $150,000 Lexington Stakes for 3-year-olds Saturday at Keeneland, beating One More Round by four lengths.
- Cupid draws 10th, named early favorite for Arkansas Derby Updated: Apr-13-16 3:46 pm
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Cupid drew the 10th post position and been named an early 2-1 favorite for Saturday's $1 million Arkansas Derby, which attracted a field of 12 horses.
- Kentucky Derby field taking shape after weekend prep races Updated: Apr-10-16 9:06 pm
NEW YORK - In just over an hour, in three races from coast to coast, the field for the Kentucky Derby mostly came into focus.
- Exaggerator beats Mor Spirit to win $1M Santa Anita Derby Updated: Apr-09-16 8:37 pm
ARCADIA, California - Exaggerator finally confirmed the belief trainer Keith Desormeaux had all along in his 3-year-old colt.