- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Updated: Apr-27-16 4:58 pm
WASHINGTON - New Washington Wizards coach Scott Brooks was surprised it took so long to get the question. Almost 15 minutes into his introductory news conference he was asked, "Let's get this out of the way: Are you going to bring Kevin Durant here?"
- Wizards president Grunfeld stays, fires coach Wittman Updated: Apr-14-16 2:15 pm
WASHINGTON - With two simple words - "I'm here" - Ernie Grunfeld made clear Thursday that he would be sticking around as president of the Washington Wizards and picking the coach to replace the fired Randy Wittman.
- Wizards say Randy Wittman will not return as coach Updated: Apr-14-16 9:46 am
WASHINGTON - Randy Wittman will not be back as coach of the Washington Wizards, let go after failing to reach the playoffs this season.
- Hawks end up as No. 4 with loss to Wiz; Wittman out as coach Updated: Apr-14-16 12:40 am
WASHINGTON - Atlanta Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer is ready to move on.
- Wall: Wizards' failure to make playoffs 'a wasted season' Updated: Apr-13-16 9:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Among the various reasons that Washington Wizards point guard John Wall figures this was what he called "a wasted season" with no playoff appearance was that having nine players on expiring contracts led to a contentious atmosphere.
- Gortat scores 21 points as Wizards upset Hornets, 113-98 Updated: Apr-10-16 4:24 pm
WASHINGTON - A prolonged hot streak earned the Charlotte Hornets a spot in the NBA playoffs. Now they're slipping a bit as the postseason looms.
- Morris shines in return to Phoenix, Wizards dump Suns 106-99 Updated: Apr-02-16 2:14 am
PHOENIX - Markieff Morris started the day by telling reporters he had "no trust" in his former team's management. He then endured boos every time he touched the ball in his return to Phoenix.
- Craig Sager in high spirits as he works Wizards-Warriors Updated: Mar-30-16 2:10 am
OAKLAND, California - Craig Sager has a blood clot behind his right ear that is affecting his hearing, and that's just another annoyance he is accepting as he continues to work NBA games for Turner Sports with fervor despite his leukemia no longer being in remission.