- Judge temporarily halts fracking approvals in North Carolina Updated: May-20-15 4:39 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A judge has halted the approval of fracking operations in North Carolina until a higher court weighs in on the legality of the appointment of several boards that manage state resources and the environment.
- North Carolina editorial roundup Updated: May-13-15 4:48 pm
Recent editorials from North Carolina newspapers:
- Senate kills $236M borrowing package, but effort still alive Updated: May-12-15 6:45 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina Senate killed a $237 million borrowing package Tuesday on a technicality, but efforts to borrow for college construction and workforce training remain alive.
- Feds: 6 sweepstakes companies agree to quit North Carolina Updated: May-06-15 2:20 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Federal prosecutors announced Wednesday that they have reached an agreement with six large video sweepstakes companies that requires them to stop providing equipment and software to hundreds of Internet cafes in North Carolina.
- State extends deadline for North Carolina Awards nominations Updated: May-03-15 6:13 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The deadline to submit nominations for the highest civilian honor bestowed by the state of North Carolina has been extended.
- North Carolina SBI director confirmed Updated: Apr-28-15 5:22 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The interim director of North Carolina's crime investigation agency no longer has the label "acting" in front of his title.