- NC legislators want Medicaid reform before expansion Updated: Jul-04-15 12:04 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Despite a key win in the Supreme Court and pressure from liberal activists, North Carolina's legislative leaders said this past week that they have no plans to expand the state's Medicaid rolls through President Barack Obama's 2010 health care law.
- Greensboro council changes approved by NC legislators Updated: Jul-02-15 5:59 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina General Assembly approved a reconfigured City Council for Greensboro on Thursday in the latest effort by GOP lawmakers in charge of the legislature to alter or rein in powers of local governments.
- Wide environmental changes get initial NC Senate OK Updated: Jul-01-15 7:47 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Senate Republicans on Wednesday backed off some provisions in their annual "regulatory reform" measure but retained several that critics say would damage water quality and discourage citizen lawsuits.
- Equal protection protests lead to arrests at NC legislature Updated: Jul-01-15 7:13 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - More demonstrators at the North Carolina Legislative Building were arrested Wednesday after advocating equal protections for gays, immigrants and the uninsured in the wake of last week's Supreme Court rulings.
- NC justices hear arguments between governors, lawmakers Updated: Jun-30-15 4:40 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Attorneys for North Carolina's current and past governors and legislative leaders offered the state Supreme Court Tuesday very different readings of the legislature's powers and limits in making appointments to boards and commissions.
- NC reactions mixed as Supreme Court keeps health subsidies Updated: Jun-25-15 5:29 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Substitute teacher Kim Jones of Wake Forest said Thursday's U.S. Supreme Court decision allows her to keep receiving help to pay for the health insurance she credits for saving her life.
- Sealed Air Corp. to break ground on new global headquarters Updated: Jun-25-15 4:53 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Sealed Air Corporation, the Fortune 500 company behind Bubble Wrap, plans to hold a groundbreaking ceremony for its new global headquarters at the LakePointe Corporate Center.
- A look at calls to remove Confederate symbols across South Updated: Jun-23-15 6:25 pm
Following a massacre at a black church in Charleston, South Carolina, a bipartisan mix of officials across the country is calling for the removal of Confederate flags and other symbols of the Confederacy.
- North Carolina GOP elects 1st black chairman Updated: Jun-06-15 9:38 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina Republican Party elected its first black chairman Saturday in an upset victory over the candidate backed by Gov. Pat McCrory and other top leaders in the GOP establishment.
- On 2016 ballot, McCrory seeks unity with NC Republicans Updated: Jun-06-15 7:18 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - His 2016 re-election campaign soon to begin in earnest, Gov. Pat McCrory framed his address to the state GOP convention Saturday around the economic recovery and policies on which he says all North Carolina Republicans agree.