- McCrory says more diverse energy ahead for NC Updated: Dec-04-13 3:10 pm
- NC state senator plans bid for attorney general Updated: Nov-28-13 5:53 pm
- McCrory staff demanding payment for public records Updated: Nov-26-13 4:58 pm
- More than 40 new NC laws begin Dec. 1 Updated: Nov-23-13 3:58 pm
- Correction: Clean Water Director story Updated: Nov-20-13 11:34 am
- NC AG says refusal of Medicaid expansion was wrong Updated: Nov-18-13 5:27 pm
- SC AG could settle dispute on Haley reimbursements Updated: Nov-17-13 10:39 am
- Candidates face uncertainty in 12th district race Updated: Nov-16-13 11:37 am
- Pro-McCrory Renew NC Foundation holds fall meeting Updated: Nov-14-13 1:25 pm
- McCrory says he still wants Dix park to work Updated: Nov-13-13 6:41 pm
- Haley calls on legislators to pass ethics reform Updated: Nov-13-13 5:00 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - North Carolina is poised for an economic boost thanks to laws authorizing fracking and by opening the door wider to more alternative energy production, Gov. Pat McCrory predicted Wednesday before state business leaders.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Democratic state senator from Wake County says he will run for the attorney general's office in 2016.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - As a candidate, Pat McCrory pledged a transparent and accountable government. But now that he is governor, those seeking access to public records are often met with long delays and unprecedented demands for payment.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - New and more severe punishments for adults who abuse or endanger children or who fail to report malice against them are among more than 40 pieces of legislation about to take effect in North Carolina.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - In a story Nov. 19 about the North Carolina Office of Land and Water Stewardship, The Associated Press, relying on incorrect information provided by a state spokesman, reported erroneously the length of time that director Bryan Gossage served on the Apex Town Council. Gossage served on the town board for eight years, not six.
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - Democratic Attorney General Roy Cooper said Monday he can't see any reason why Gov. Pat McCrory and other Republicans leading the legislature refused to expand Medicaid coverage this year except for politics.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A government watchdog group, contrary to the opinion of South Carolina's ethics agency, is insisting Gov. Nikki Haley refund taxpayers for a trip to North Carolina in June.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Candidates looking to succeed U.S. Rep. Mel Watt have been organizing, raising money and preparing for a tough campaign.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - A nonprofit group that recently spent several hundred thousand dollars on television ads promoting North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory's agenda will hear from the governor and some top lieutenants at its fall conference.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory says he's aiming to reach a renegotiated agreement by early December with Raleigh over the city's effort to turn the campus of now-closed Dorothea Dix mental hospital into a regional park.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley urged legislators Wednesday to send her an ethics reform bill that restores public trust in government, while Democrats and the director of a government watchdog group called on Haley to lead by example.