- Senate adopts GOP budget targeting 'Obamacare' Updated: May-05-15 8:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Tuesday adopted a GOP budget that paves the way for an assault on President Barack Obama's health care law this summer and a partisan showdown over spending bills this fall.
- RNC's Priebus to address S. Carolina Republican gathering Updated: May-01-15 4:15 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Republicans are gearing up for their biggest weekend of the year.
- Bill would rename part of Charleston's federal court complex Updated: Apr-30-15 6:20 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - South Carolina's two U.S. senators have introduced legislation to rename part of the federal court complex in Charleston in honor of the late J. Waties Waring, who played a key role in desegregating the nation's public schools.
- Loretta Lynch wins confirmation as attorney general Updated: Apr-23-15 6:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Loretta Lynch won confirmation as the nation's first black female attorney general Thursday from a Senate that forced her to wait more than five months for the title and remained divided to the end.
- Senate to hold hearings on police body cameras Updated: Apr-22-15 7:10 pm
WASHINGTON - As the death of another black man while in police custody sparked ongoing protests in a nearby city, the Senate on Wednesday prepared to discuss more widespread use of police body cameras.
- Obama could ease many Iranian sanctions without Congress Updated: Apr-16-15 3:41 pm
WASHINGTON - Even if Congress rejects his final Iranian nuclear deal, President Barack Obama could use his executive pen to offer Tehran a hefty portion of sanctions relief on his own.
- In historic face to face, Obama, Castro vow to turn the page Updated: Apr-11-15 9:29 pm
PANAMA CITY - President Barack Obama and Cuba's Raul Castro sat down together Saturday in the first formal meeting of the two country's leaders in a half-century, pledging to reach for the kind of peaceful relationship that has eluded their nations for generations.
- Graham: GOP opposition to Export-Import bank is misguided Updated: Apr-09-15 5:25 pm
LACONIA, New Hampshire - South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham says his Republican colleagues who don't want to reauthorize money for the Export-Import bank have lost their way as conservatives.