- Senate clears White House-backed trade bill Updated: May-23-15 4:33 am
WASHINGTON - In a victory for President Barack Obama, the Senate passed bipartisan legislation Friday night to strengthen the administration's hand in global trade talks, clearing the way for a highly unpredictable summer showdown in the House.
- Senators sing blues over impasse; GOP hopefuls stuck in DC Updated: May-22-15 10:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Two senators have a plane to catch to Cuba, others were hoping to impress Republican presidential primary voters and then there's Sen. Lamar Alexander, who is slated to deliver a sunset piano performance of "Ol' Man River" on the banks of the Mississippi.
- Oklahoma GOP roiled by infighting as conference looms Updated: May-20-15 8:04 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - As Republicans prepare for some of the party's biggest names to descend on Oklahoma for the Southern Republican Leadership Conference, the state party is being rocked by infighting over its new chairman's decision to retain a staffer who pleaded guilty to a domestic violence charge.
- Obama, Senate GOP work together on trade bill Updated: May-19-15 7:46 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration and Senate Republicans worked in unusual harmony Tuesday to advance major trade legislation opposed by many rank-and-file Democrats, an expanding struggle already leaving a mark on the 2016 campaigns for the White House and control of Congress.
- Ernst to host 2016 candidates at pig roast, motorcycle ride Updated: May-11-15 10:17 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Sen. Joni Ernst is going to treat Republican presidential hopefuls to a pig roast and a motorcycle ride.
- Romney retreat in Utah to draw GOP presidential candidates Updated: May-08-15 3:44 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney will host another retreat in Utah for high-profile political figures, business leaders and campaign donors.
- Senate adopts GOP budget targeting 'Obamacare' Updated: May-05-15 8:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Tuesday adopted a GOP budget that paves the way for an assault on President Barack Obama's health care law this summer and a partisan showdown over spending bills this fall.
- RNC's Priebus to address S. Carolina Republican gathering Updated: May-01-15 4:15 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Republicans are gearing up for their biggest weekend of the year.
- Bill would rename part of Charleston's federal court complex Updated: Apr-30-15 6:20 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - South Carolina's two U.S. senators have introduced legislation to rename part of the federal court complex in Charleston in honor of the late J. Waties Waring, who played a key role in desegregating the nation's public schools.