- Obama calls GOP criticism of Iran deal 'ridiculous,' 'sad' Updated: Jul-27-15 10:55 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - President Barack Obama unleashed a blistering and belittling rebuke of Republican White House hopefuls Monday, calling their attack on his landmark nuclear deal with Iran "ridiculous if it weren't so sad."
- Tim Scott rolls out town hall schedule with GOP hopefuls Updated: Jul-27-15 11:14 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's junior senator is offering voters a chance to get to know some of the Republican presidential candidates.
- Presidential candidates campaign in northern New Hampshire Updated: Jul-25-15 8:16 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Northern New Hampshire is set to see a flurry of attention from presidential hopefuls.
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Jul-22-15 3:41 pm
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
- Kirk explains critical comments about Iran deal Updated: Jul-18-15 3:58 am
CHICAGO - Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk says he allowed his anger to get the best of him as he criticized the multinational agreement designed to keep Iran from attaining nuclear weapons.
- GOP candidates make a pitch to evangelical voters in Iowa Updated: Jul-18-15 2:59 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Republican presidential contenders seeking to woo evangelical voters are making their case for conservative social issues at a gathering expected to attract thousands of potential Iowa caucus-goers.
- The Latest: Obama: Unlikely that deal benefits militants Updated: Jul-15-15 2:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Here are the latest developments involving the agreement between the United States, Iran and world powers to limit the Islamic Republic's nuclear program (all times EDT):
- Early-state newspapers plan GOP forum before Fox debate Updated: Jul-15-15 1:36 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A trio of newspapers in the early presidential nominating states is pushing back against the plan by Fox News to allow only 10 Republican candidates on stage in its Aug. 6 debate, the first of the 2016 campaign.
- Charleston massacre, flag debate put Haley in 2016 spotlight Updated: Jul-15-15 5:40 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - From her public statements of grief to removing the Confederate battle flag from outside her Statehouse office, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has drawn wide praise since the massacre of nine black churchgoers from a historic Charleston congregation.
- America celebrates Independence Day with fireworks, parades Updated: Jul-05-15 2:46 am
Americans celebrated 239 years as an independent nation on Saturday with extravagant fireworks displays, rock and classical concerts and parades both big and small. Here were some highlights of Independence Day festivities around the nation:
- Presidential candidates to march in July Fourth parades Updated: Jul-04-15 4:04 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire residents planning to celebrate July Fourth at local parades could catch a glimpse of America's next president. At the very least, they'll see some of the people vying for the job.
- In picking presidents, New Hampshire forgoes producing them Updated: Jun-28-15 11:14 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - When it comes to presidents, New Hampshire is much better at picking them than producing them.